Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry. We deliver innovative solutions in banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and investment management and finance, risk and compliance. As the pressures of regulation, cost reduction, and customer expectation grow, we design, build and operate technology for specific operations and entire organizations.
Through our collaborative, team focused and innovative approach, we work side-by-side with our Clients to solve their most complex problems and deliver their highest priority, strategic initiatives. We challenge our clients to think differently about their business and their most significant issues and as a result help them successfully increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs and enhance control. We were positioned 27th in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for' list for 2013 and also appeared in The Times “Top 50 Employers for Women 2013
- You will be a member of Capco’s global legal team which currently consists of 4 lawyers, based in Belgium, Frankfurt and New York and we are now looking to expand in London. You will report to the Lead Counsel & Director of Capco International, based in Antwerp.
- You will work closely with the business and provide legal advice and support in the areas of commercial, corporate, tax and labour law to Capco’s entities worldwide.
- Your responsibilities will consist of assisting with the drafting and negotiation of a wide range of proposals and contracts, including professional services, software licensing, outsourcing and other IT related contracts in an international context. In addition, you will also provide corporate support to the holding company and Capco’s subsidiaries worldwide.
- You will be responsible for managing the group’s legal risk by implementing and enforcing rules of internal governance and compliance.
- Masters in Law, qualified solicitor with extensive post qualification experience
- A strong academic background is required with the ability to balance the commercial demands of the business against any legal and regulatory risks
- Specific experience in contract law
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills and enjoy reviewing, negotiating and commenting on commercial IT contracts
- Experience working as in-house legal counsel or as a lawyer, preferably in the financial services industry
- Good knowledge of regulatory law, labour law and/or commercial law is desirable
- Working experience that has exposed you to a multi-jurisdictional environment and/or working experience in a consulting firm, purchase or vendor management department at a financial institution or IP department is also considered an asset
- Although business is conducted in English, knowledge of other languages (e.g. French and German) would be an advantage
- The ability to work in a challenging environment applicants must be business orientated and enjoy working in an international and multicultural environment and be able to work effectively with people at all levels
- The ability to facilitate deals and get things done accurately within short timeframes, while managing a high workload across jurisdictions and time zones
- Work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team. The successful applicant will have a proactive approach and will be flexible in their approach
- Willingness to travel occasionally (mainly to Antwerp, Frankfurt, Paris, New York and potentially Asia)
Capco offers a very challenging international, multi-jurisdictional and multi-disciplinary working environment. Taking into account the small size of the legal team, you will have tremendous challenges and will be able to make a difference and see the impact of your work.