Business Analytics and Modelling - Principal
About Us (Inc OBS)
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Our Business Analytics Team is Capgemini Consulting’sbusiness analytics and strategic modelling capability. The team delivers analytical solutions and advisory services to a wide range of clients across a number of industry sectors. Our Clients look to us to work with them collaboratively and provide the expertise and structured thinking that will help them develop innovative solutions to complex business problems. The team is currently expanding and we are looking for a high calibre senior level consultant with knowledge and experience of advising on and delivering services in the UK Government sector
Main Purpose of Role
You will be part of a leading Business Analytics practice in the UK. You will be working closely with our UK Government sector specialists to identify opportunities and drive demand for our Analytics services. You will undertake a wide variety of challenging project work and help our clients optimise their business processes, improve operations and drive performance improvement. You will be encouraged and have the licence to develop new ways of delivering value.
When setting objectives, we always try to match individual development needs with those of the business. We are looking for talented people with relevant experience or qualifications to help us grow. The type of work that you might get involved in will include:
- defining how Analytics can support government departments to meet their strategic objectives;
- building relationships across government to showcase Capgemini’s Analytics capabilities;
- advising clients on how to design, implement and operate Analytics services;
- being responsible for the delivery of consulting teams using modelling and analytical techniques to solve business problems as part of a major business transformation or specialised pieces of work such as:-
o statistical analysis
o economic modelling
o business case development
o risk modelling
o systems dynamics
- supporting clients to design, build and implement analytics-based solutions;
- developing thought leadership, points of view and new service offerings to differentiate Capgemini Consulting in the marketplace.
Skills and Experience
To succeed you will need to possess and demonstrate a number of competencies.
- A track record of academic achievement, including a first degree in anumerate subject e.g. Maths, Stats, Industrial Engineering, Economics and ideally a MSc. post-graduate qualification in an analytical subject such as Operational Research, Management Science, Statistics or Decision Science – Essential
- Current experience of leading teams in the Big Data and Analytics field in the Government sector and have experience of Consumer Insight Analytics and/or Fraud Analytics.
- A clear understanding of the challenges facing the UK Government of delivering value from big data and analytics, especially in the areas of tax and welfare, education and justice.
- Knowledge of analytical tools such as Simul8/Witness/Vensim/SAS/SPSS/R
- A proven ability to rigorously analyse complex issues and develop insights and solutions.
- An ability to provide creative thinking and innovative methods.
- A strong understanding of business combined with a track record of being a part of delivering outstanding results.
- Good presentation skills and experience of delivering to Senior Management or CXO level.
- Strong general consulting skills and the ability to overcome internal barriers through the use of drive, determination and influencing skills.
- An ability to work in mixed teams of colleagues and senior client executives.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with high levels of enthusiasm and a good team player.
- Drive & commitment to own and deliver outstanding work.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We will provide you with intense professional development and as much stretch as you need to put your skills into action, learn and progress. In particular you will have the opportunity for:
- Acceleration: The opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge, specialist training and responsibility.
- Collaboration: The opportunity to work as part of a high performing, supportive and collegial team that values close collaboration with clients.
- Satisfaction: Swiftly add value and make a real difference to Capgemini and to our clients’ organisations.
- Exposure: The chance to work with some of the most admired organisations across a range of industries and locations.
- Innovation: To work within a company that values innovation and encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles will involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Capgemini is an equal opportunities employer.