Head of Consumer / Marketing Insight Principal Consultant
About Us (Inc OBS)
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Capgemini is transforming how brands engage and interact with their consumers, helping them to develop and deliver the Digital strategies that will outperform the competition. We are a class leader in Digital Consulting, as recognised by global research firm Kennedy. We are at the forefront of research into digital transformation with MIT, helping organisations the world over understand the impact that digital is having to their consumers and business.
We are a market leader in the Insights arena, helping our clients align their information and analytics needs with their business strategy, defining the capabilities they will need and helping them deliver through the very latest business and technology solutions. We are currently delivering some of the largest programmes in the Consumer Products and Retail industry, putting the consumer/customer at the heart of business decision making.
Main Purpose of Role
Our Business Analytics Team is Capgemini Consulting’s business analytics and strategic modelling capability. The team delivers analytical solutions and advisory services to a wide range of clients. This team is growing rapidly and we are seeking a senior hire to set a visionary direction for ourConsumer/Marketing Insight team to maximise the market opportunity, driving the development of that team and taking a leadership role with our clients to:
- Use every touchpoint to better understand consumer/customer behaviour and engage with them.
- Combine internal (e.g. interaction, transaction, etc.) and external (e.g. social listening, market research etc) data with rich analytical capabilities to drive insight and action.
- Make the shift to a truly personalised consumer experience through analytics and marketing automation.
- Integrate and optimise their marketing performance across channels.
- Innovate their business models and operations based upon robust insights e.g. use to influence decisions across the organisation.
- You will develop the strategy and lead the Consumer/Marketing Insights team, developing our service offerings and our capability in line with market expectation.
- You will drive thought leadership and our reputation in the market.
- Work as part of the Capgemini Consulting Digital leadership team within our business to ensure the coherence of all of our offerings in this arena.
- Working on your own or with other Principals/VP, as a Principal Consultant you will be responsible for new business/sell on consulting opportunities in excess of £1.5m per annum.
- As a Principal, you will play a leadership role in our wider business, helping set the direction, drive forward the business, model our values and behaviours, and coach and develop junior members of the team.
- You will both sell and deliver top-tier consulting business transformation work using modelling and analytically-based techniques or specialised pieces of work such as statistical analysis, economic modelling, business case development, risk modelling, optimisation, simulation, systems dynamics and forecasting.
- You will have the presence and gravitas to initiate, manage and maintain board/senior management relationships and to understand and scope out their challenges and potential solutions.
Skills and Experience
- You will likely either have been a head/senior member of aConsumer/Marketing Insight team within a Consumer Products or Retail organisation, or be a leader within a recognised consultancy/agency focused on delivering marketing advisory and transformation services.
- You will demonstrate:
-A forward thinking view of the opportunity for enhanced analytics and insights capabilities and how they add business value.
-A track record of delivering analytics capabilities and realising business value from them.
-A proven ability to understand the needs of clients for consumer/marketing analytics solutions.
-A track record of scoping, positioning and ‘selling’ consumer/marketing analytics solutions to internal and/or external stakeholders.
-A proven ability to rigorously analyse complex issues and develop insights and solutions.
-An ability to provide creative thinking and innovative methods.
-Strong knowledge of the application of analytical techniques and solutions for segmentation, targeting, personalisation/next best action, churn prevention, marketing mix optimisation, pricing and behavioural modelling/prediction.
- Experience in other consumer facing industries (specifically Financial Services and Utilities) as well as Consumer Products and Retail will be seen positively.
- A track record of academic achievement (first degree in a numeratesubject e.g. Maths, Stats, Industrial Engineering, Economics) and ideally a MSc. post-graduate qualification in an analytical subject such as Operational Research, Management Science, Statistics or Decision Science.
- Good presentation skills (e.g. external presenting at conferences) and experience of delivering to Senior Management or CXO level.
- Strong general consulting skills and the ability to overcome internal barriers through the use of drive, determination and influencing skills.
- An ability to work in mixed teams of colleagues and senior executives.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with high levels of enthusiasm and a good team player.
- Drive & commitment to own and deliver outstanding work.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We will provide you with intense professional development and as much stretch as you need to put your skills into action, learn and progress. In particular you will have the opportunity for:
- Acceleration: The opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge, specialist training and responsibility.
- Collaboration: The opportunity to work as part of a high performing, supportive and collegial team that values close collaboration with clients.
- Satisfaction: Swiftly add value and make a real difference to Capgemini and to our Clients’ organisations.
- Exposure: the chance to work with some of the most admired organisations across a range of industries and locations.
- Innovation: to work within a company that values innovation and encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Whilst you will have our London office as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as client projects are likely to require you to work away from home (Mon-Fri).
We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate’s competency, skills and level of expertise.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc all candidates will be required to provide documentary proof, prior to joining the Company that they are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Capgemini is an equal opportunities employer.