Principal - Digital Programme Manager
About Us (Inc OBS)
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Our Programme & Transformation Management practice exists as a distinct capability unit within Capgemini Consulting. We focus on supporting our clients to deliver practical, tangible results and deliver real change by mobilising client organisations and translating insight into action. Capgemini’s collaborative approach to deliver includes the traditional programme elements of governance, organisation and management in a compelling, market-differentiating way that promotes early client engagement in the transformation generating advocacy and momentum for sustainable change.
We incorporate this approach with a focus on business strategy alignment and securing business value. The result is transformation programmes that deliver the portfolio of benefits the business expects from an organisation that is more agile and more intimate with its customer. Changes in strategic operating models, new business demands, implementing global operating platforms and, increasingly, re-positioning clients in the digitally-enabled world are the catalysts triggering an upsurge in the demand for our particular skills.
We work collaboratively with senior leaders in a trusted-adviser role to understand issues and shape solutions. We are well versed in the implementation and process issues around transformation programmes. The result is a solution customised for each client’s specific situation and need. We can help our clients assess where their organisation is in terms of its Programme & Transformation Management and provide direct support to their transformational initiatives. Our expertise includes:
- Delivery excellence: Delivering the programme delivery environment clients need to improve the predictability of outcome and value delivery
- Review: Conduct a health check at Portfolio, Programme, project level or against their relevant supporting office
- Recovery: Provide a recovery service to return portfolio, programme, project to a stable state
- Assurance: Provide assurance (risk management) of programmes and projects (e.g. gateways)
- Start-up: Help mobilise programmes, projects and their supporting offices, including portfolio office (enterprise or other)
- Raise capability: Provide leading methodology & tools through our Centre of Excellence and conducting capability maturity assessments
Underpinning our performance improvement capabilities are our strengths and skills in day-to-day operations, management and strategic decision-making. These skills are concentrated in four supporting areas:
- People and organisational change
- IT advisory
- Strategic direction
- Programme management
We are looking for a high calibre individual at Principal Consultant grade to help build a new generation of programme & transformation management consulting capability and make a real difference to our clients.
Main Purpose of Role
- Working on your own or with other Principals/ VP, you will be responsible for new business/sell on consulting opportunities in excess of £1.5m per annum
- You will make substantial changes in how organisations operate by leading large scale transformation programmes with the flexibility to work across consulting, technology and outsourcing (inc BPO) projects
- You will be responsible for running large scale business transformation programmes for clients in one of our target domains: Consumer Products & Retail; Energy & Utilities; Financial Services (Banking & Insurance); or Central Government
- You will understand the client’s business, their customer strategy & proposition, their business priorities, challenges and capabilities and the impact on these through the application of digital technologies
- You will understand the capability in the market, the complexity and effort required to deliver solutions and identify what will best meet the client’s requirements in the time and budget available
- You will be pioneering and innovative in everything you do from delivering proposals, engaging with the client and leading delivery teams
- You have outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex problems or solutions in a way in which they are quickly understood; including rapid storyboard production for team to ensure that a compelling story is told
- You will be collaborative in style, empathetic in nature, confident in content and focused on outcomes at all levels in the client organisation with the presence and gravitas to initiate, manage and maintain senior management relationships
- You will play a leadership role in our business including driving the business performance, role modelling our values and behaviours, and coaching and developing members of our team
Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent; post-graduate qualification (e.g. MBA qualification) is advantageous
- Experience working for a top tier consultancy with deep content experience of working within Consumer Products & Retail, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services (Banking & Insurance) and / or Central Government with leading multi-channel engagements considered favourably
- Where appropriate in your chosen domain, you will have an understanding of how the customer fits into the business, for example: Customer experience transformation development and implementation; Customer Strategy Development and implementation including new product/market development and (online/offline) pricing; Customer Analytics (including segmentation and web analytics) and customer loyalty
- You have a coherent understanding of the different elements of Business
- Transformation programmes in a Digital World: Programme Design and Delivery including Agile; Programme Review; Programme Recovery; Programme Mobilisation; Business Change
- In addition, experience in the Agile design and delivery of Digital and/or IT Solutions and onshore/offshore delivery models would be considered favourably.
- Intellectually capable of developing and holding peer level relationships at all levels of the client’s company
- Ability to generate key ideas and conceptual frameworks to help solve problems and drive out insightful fact-based findings and recommendations – either on a client project, as part of a sales bid or thought leadership
- Flexibility and versatility to adapt skills / behaviours / attitude to work across sectors and areas that are not core in order to meet Capgemini’s and our clients’ needs
WHAT WE OFFER:
We will provide you with intense professional development and as much stretch as you need to put your skills into action, learn and progress. In particular you will have the opportunity for:
- Acceleration: The opportunity to accelerate your career through intellectual challenge, specialist training and responsibility.
- Collaboration: The opportunity to work as part of a high performing, supportive and collegial team that values close collaboration with clients.
- Satisfaction: Swiftly add value and make a real difference to Capgemini and to our clients’ organisations.
- Exposure: the chance to work with some of the most admired organisations across a range of industries and locations.
- Innovation: to work within a company that values innovation and encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles will involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate's competency, skills and level of expertise.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Capgemini is an equal opportunities employer.