Business Restructuring Administrator
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
The purpose of this role is to operate as a member of a team responsible for undertaking business restructuring work with opportunities to work on both advisory and implementation assignments.
The role will include taking responsibility for an implementation caseload as well as supporting senior staff in performing larger and more complex cases and contributing to advisory assignments. In addition, the supervision of more junior staff, and deputising for more senior team members, mainly assistant managers, may at times be required. The role is responsible to the relevant Manager but may report directly to the relevant Partner when directed.
- Completely discharge all duties and responsibilities expected of an administrator irrelevant of whether the work is advisory or implementation.
- Assume responsibility for specific areas of business in trading cases or on an advisory assignments
- Delegate work to, and supervise, other more junior team members as appropriate
- Identify and agree a strategy for significant risk areas of each assignment with senior staff before proceeding
- Support, and on occasion deputise for, the assistant manager
- Assist manager with the creation of budgets
- Provide an analysis of budget overruns and inform manager/client if they result in additional work
- Perform investigations into debtor's/directors' and company's affairs in implementation work
- Prepare relevant reports as required, including statutory / bank / creditor committee reports
- Prepare and be responsible for relevant sections of reports on advisory projects
- Assist in the preparation of sale of business documentation
- Maintain awareness of technical developments and their practical implications
- Be involved in the marketing of the firm's services to potential clients and work providers
- Assist more senior staff as and when required
- Perform any other relevant duties and responsibilities as delegated, including those of more junior members of staff where necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as delegated
- Commenced a relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA / CPI), either qualified or part qualified and/or relevant technical experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain in depth technical and commercial knowledge
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory and statutory requirement
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant computer packages specific to the business stream preferred
- Non - Graduate – Demonstrate relevant work experience
- Ability to develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- A full and comprehensive understanding of the bank reconciliation process
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant computer packages specific to the business stream preferred.
- Gain a good grounding in matters covered in the JIEB syllabus and work towards a position of readiness and competency to study for this qualification in time