Corporate Finance – Transaction Services- Birmingham
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
As an Executive, you will be required to use your previous experience and work closely with, and support senior members within the team and assist in the timely delivery of services. You will gain understanding and experience in the field of financial due diligence for corporate or strategic buyers, private equity or financial buyers and vendors, and or reporting accountants work. You will also have developed sector knowledge.
- Support Transaction Services projects.
- Undertake ‘hands on’ field work (including interpretation and analysis of information and report writing) in a variety of industries as part of a team.
- Produce discrete sections of reports containing minimal errors, in a clear, concise manner.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic business skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the firm’s products, services and policies.
- Respond promptly to queries and requests and keep team members informed of project developments.
- Establish good working relationships with clients and targets.
- Provide clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls.
- Support sales and marketing activities.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working practices.
- Assist with administration and ad hoc projects within the department
- Seek and take action on feedback.
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Experience of working within corporate finance or related disciplines.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, Powerpoint and Excel