Associate Director - Clinical - Healthcare Advisory
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
As an Associate Director, you will be required to work closely with, and support, senior members within the Healthcare Advisory team, assisting in the timely delivery of high quality consulting services to clients. You will gain understanding and experience in the field of healthcare advisory by working with a variety of clients in acute, primary, community care and commissioning settings.
Your role will involve working in project based teams, supporting the development of our methodologies and products, securing new engagements and generally developing as part of a talented group of people. You will continually be presented with opportunities to challenge yourself in a supportive and commercial environment.
- Provide focused consultancy services to healthcare clients drawing on a professional clinical or NHS management background. Examples of consultancy projects include reviews of the quality of healthcare delivery, identifying efficiency improvements, developing new models of care, designing commissioning strategies, workforce reviews, assessing governance arrangements, advising of service reconfiguration, development of business cases
- Manage project based teams or individual pieces of work.
- Review and quality assure project work.
- Lead securing new engagements.
- Lead the development of new products and services.
- Build sustainable and profitable external and internal client relationships.
- Support the leadership the development of a talented and passionate group of management consultants.
- Manage client engagements. This includes:
- determining the project scope and resource requirements,
- monitoring progress against budgets and established timeframes, reviewing work completed by other team members, and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review
- managing the projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Develop frameworks/structures for complex healthcare projects that answer key client questions and are logically structured
- Develop structure for large/complex reports and presentations and ensure more junior team members understand and are able to use the structures.
- Take the lead role in all presentations/workshops, particularly where there is a large group of senior stakeholders or where there is likely to be significant negative reaction.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities, and inform the project director or partner as appropriate.
- Have a passion for improving the NHS with experience of designing and implementing change in the sector
- Good working knowledge of the NHS and the healthcare system within the UK
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms
- Confident self-starter with ambition to achieve rapid career progression
- Experience of working within the NHS and/or a consultancy business.
- Have a proven ability to deliver complex and large engagements or projects in difficult environments.
- Demonstrate an ability to build new and profitable consulting methodologies, tools and products
- Educated to degree level and preferably with a relevant post graduate clinical or NHS management qualification
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Limited knowledge of Excel
The team’s head office is in London so a certain amount of time will be spent in the London office, although you will be based primarily from the London, Birmingham or Manchester office depending on individual geographical location.
Additional travel around the UK will be required on a regular basis.