Prudential Junior Consultant – Assistant Manager
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
We are looking for junior consultants who have experience of the financial services sector and are interested in improving their knowledge of the new CRD IV capital and risk frameworks. The incumbents would work with BDO’s FS Prudential Advisory team to advise and assist a number of medium sized and small banks, broker/dealers, fund managers and niche investment firms/banks on a variety of prudential driven projects.
- Assisting clients in mapping their CRD IV capital adequacy calculations to the new prudential regulatory reports (COREP). This is expected to cover adequacy, liquidity and leverage ratios. It could include spending significant time at client sites and preparing this information on their behalf.
- Researching CRD IV rules and supporting publications and assisting clients with their interpretation of the CRD IV rules. There is the opportunity to support BDO’s business development in this area.
- Modelling the impact of CRD IV on a client’s capital adequacy projections using BDO’s financial and capital forecasting modelling. Adapting this model to incorporate the results of stress tests. Assisting clients in presenting the model results to each client’s Board appropriately.
- Reviewing and assisting clients with the preparation of their annual risk and capital management reviews (ICAAPs).
- Reviewing and assisting clients with the preparation of their Pillar 3 disclosures.
- Preparing and writing supporting policies and documents.
Preference will be given to candidates who are qualified or part-qualified accountants and have:
- Significant financial services experience;
- Good knowledge of the UK and EU regulatory environment, PRA/FCA governance, risk, outsourcing and compliance requirements;
- Previous experience of writing corporate documents such as ICAAPs, Compliance Manuals, Risk policies and procedures