Financial Services Advisory Manager
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
We are looking for Managers with experience in regulatory consulting, risk management or internal audit across financial services. We are interested in individuals with experience of either banking, investment firms, capital markets, insurance or intermediaries or a combination of these. Specifically we are looking for individuals with several years experience in the sector with good exposure to work on regulatory matters, risk management or internal audit. The role will involve “hands on” project delivery on a variety of advisory projects plus involvement in internal projects such as training, methodology development and technical research.
The Manager’s role will also involve business development and sales activity.
The role could also provide potential for longer term career progression for the right candidate in this rapidly developing area of the Firm.
Typical projects within Financial Services Advisory consist of:
- Advice on emerging regulatory requirements.
- Provision of regulatory support and guidance.
- Support to internal audit functions up to provision of outsourced internal audit.
- Reviews of risk management and compliance arrangements and effectiveness of control functions.
- Development of compliance monitoring and controls assurance frameworks.
- S166 Skilled Person work.
- Development and documentation of risk frameworks and compliance arrangements.
- Delivery of client consulting projects and providing a high quality advisory service to our Clients.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and the wider BDO Financial Services network.
- Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership around various areas of Financial Services for written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences.
- Analysis of new regulation and legislation, identifying impact on target market and potential client offerings.
- Developing a network of professional and business contacts.
- Preparation of high quality client deliverables.
- Ensuring timely project completion by adherence to predetermined timeframes and effectively prioritising tasks.
- Taking accountability for recording all working time and recovery of client chargeable time.
- Previous experience of regulation, risk management or compliance gained in a financial services firm, in a consultancy or with a regulator.
- Good knowledge of one or more sectors or regulatory focus areas.
- Good working knowledge of areas of the FCA / PRA Handbook.
- Ability to plan, undertake and deliver projects including reviews and monitoring / assurance work.
- Excellent report writing and presentational skills.
- Proven project management and client handling skills.
- Experience dealing with client stakeholders and senior management.