Accounts Manager - Ipswich
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
Working closely with both the partners and senior and junior management, your role will be to manage, plan and lead your assigned portfolio of clients, advising them on day to day issues. This role involves ensuring that advice is provided within a designated timeframe and that supportive client relationships are sustained and developed. A range of projects will be undertaken including statutory accounts for individual and group companies, LLP’s, management accounts and VAT reviews.
The role would suit an experienced manager with previous portfolio management experience, and keen to move to a firm to further their career and expand their knowledge across a wide range of sectors. The portfolio assigned would provide a diverse range of clients, to include high profile individuals, large corporate entities and smaller owner managed businesses.
- Manage client assignments, which include determining the resource requirements, monitoring progress against established timeframe and budget, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner/Director review.
- Act as a primary point of contact within the firm for the client together with the partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collections within the firms criteria
- Knowledge sharing and facilitating research and development within the team.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for the team, and inform the partner and client as appropriate.
- Acts as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services.
- Retain, develop and motivate our employees (includes ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees)
- Liaise with other service teams to ensure a ‘One Firm’ approach to client service.
- Liaise with other international BDO offices to manage common clients.
- ACA/ACCA Qualified with similar managerial experience in a professional services environment
- Experience of all aspects of statutory and non statutory accounts preparation and review
- Good knowledge of VAT and final accounts preparation package
- Strong experience managing people and clients relationships
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50 would be beneficial
- Experience of group consolidations an advantage but not essential