Financial Services Project Manager- Maternity Cover
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
To work with the manager, director and partner group within Financial Services to deliver small, medium and large scale projects in accordance with agreed standards, processes, timescales and resources.
The Project Manager will be a responsible for a portfolio of small, medium and large scale client projects as well as business as usual activity within the Financial Services sector at any one time. The projects can be focused on a single area or may span more than one area or discipline. The projects will be mainly client focused.
- Managing and developing the firm’s relationships with Global Procurement departments at various banks including:
- Working closely with the relationship managers for the key accounts
- Meeting with procurement contacts of key clients to develop relationships and scope out what is required of BDO to improve these relationships
- Reporting to the banks on a monthly basis (to strict deadlines) to include all activity, projects and referrals
- Liaising with partners nationally to gather information on activity with these banks
- Liaising with HR, the secondment team and finance to obtain confidential and sensitive information regarding salaries, charge out rates etc to be included in the reports to the banks
- Organising and attending internal key account meetings for these accounts to encourage one firm working and ensure action points are followed up on
- Point of contact for the firm for RFPs – coordinating the allocation of RFPs
- Point of contact for the firm for queries from procurement contacts – responsible for providing timely clarification on information provided in the reports
- Working with the Project Supervisor to prepare and collate information and documents required for regular PES audits.
- Managing FS client and target projects including:
- Cross steam liaison with managers and partners nationally and internationally
- Client interaction/meetings – building a rapport with the clients/targets and raising visibility amongst the BDO client team as well as attending regular client/target meetings
- Managing complex financial information for these projects up to £15 million
- Reporting directly to the FS Leadership Team
- Becoming part of the relationship team for clients and targets
- Coordination of project plans, resourcing, diary management for key meetings and strategies for key clients.
- Managing the process for administrative tasks relating to key clients
- Managing the rate cards, work orders and purchase order processes for the key accounts
- Managing the internal actions to promote exceptional client service for our key clients and targets.
- Project Planning – preparation/management of project plans for assigned portfolio of projects
- Stakeholder management - excellent interpersonal skills to build and sustain key relationships across a wide and varied group of management and staff
- Self Development – takes personal responsibility in managing personal development
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with all levels
- Excellent communication – written, verbal and influencing
- Excellent customer service and consulting skills
- Strong decision making, influencing and negotiation skills
- Regularly achieves results quickly both through formal channels and the informal network
- Uses different leadership styles to positively influence others
- Knowledge and experience of working within Financial Services
- Relevant project management training/certification