Assistant Manager/Manager - Mergers & Acquisitions
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
A Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the delivery of transactions on a day-to-day basis, and to build sustainable and profitable external and internal client relationships. You will have a good understanding of, and experience in, the field of corporate finance for both buy-side and sell-side work, involving private and public companies, owner-managed businesses and private equity houses.
- Project manage client engagements, which includes determining the project scope and resource requirements, monitoring progress against an established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and upward management of transaction Partner/Director.
- Scope, prepare and review management presentations, information memoranda and other documents using Word and PowerPoint
- Scope, prepare and review financial models using Excel
- Contribute to the management of the project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the Partner, Director and Assistant Directors in the development of existing and new service stream methodologies.
- Contribute to the successful development of the client relationship
- Promote knowledge sharing within the team and facilitating research and development within the chosen stream.
- Ensure client feedback is captured, addressed and effectively communicated to the project manager/director.
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Support the conversion of opportunities into chargeable work, including pitch participation.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities, and inform the project director or partner as appropriate.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events and keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers.
- Support recruitment, retention, development, training and motivation of employees within the Corporate Finance team.
- Seek and take action on feedback.
- Deliver honest and timely feedback to executives.
- Thorough working knowledge of sell-side and/or buy-side corporate finance advisory activities
- This role could also appeal to someone currently working in Transaction Services who is seeking a role in M&A lead advisory
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Previous staff supervision or management experience.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word and Excel.
Part Time/Full Time
This position offers candidates the option to work between 3-5 days a week.