Global Outsourcing Senior Executive - Service Charge
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
BDO’s Bristol GO department has a number of contracts to provide services to market leading property managers and has dedicated teams to service these clients. The role will primarily involve working closely with, and supporting senior members within the team, in the timely delivery of independent reviews of annual service charge expenditure.
The Executive will work as part of a dedicated team and will take responsibility for running the client, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Executive to ensure the assignment is delivered as effectively and efficiently as possible. They will assist in managing the dedicated team and supervising the process to ensure our independent reviews are of high quality and to provide an efficient service which is tailor-made to suit the client’s needs.
- Supervise the delivery of a year round contract to provide service charge accounting services
- Identify and present potential solutions to project issues to the client manager.
- Exercise sound judgement and professional scepticism in reviewing service charge expenditure, assuming responsibility for all aspects of file completion.
- Assist Managers in planning and controlling projects, issuing, maintaining and managing project plans.
- Attend and lead meetings with clients as appropriate
- Facilitate team working to ensure teams meet their set targets and ensure the completion is to the required standard. Reporting any target overruns to the Manager.
- Effective team working to ensure teams meet their set targets and ensure the completion is to the required standard. Reporting any target overruns to the Manager.
- Undertake the reviewing of files at some stages of the process.
- Liaising with the client on a regular basis to ensure timely completion of service charges. Ensuring all clients’ needs are met in regards to answering queries promptly, building a rapport with the client and anticipating requirements.
- Take responsibility for monthly financial management of project, including monitoring billing and reviewing performance against budget.
- Deliver training to clients on BDO’s integrated IT solution.
- Providing clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls.
- Demonstrating flexibility in dealing with high volume assignments.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within team.
- Keep up to date with industry developments including technical guidance.
- Identify future business opportunities, both with existing and potential clients, for GO or other service streams within the firm.
- Participating in sales and marketing activities.
- ACCA or ACA Qualified.
- Previous experience of audit and accounts preparation essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.