Modeller - Healthcare Advisory
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
As a Modeller, you will be required to work closely with, and support, senior members within the Healthcare Advisory team, assisting in the timely delivery of high quality consulting services to clients. You will gain understanding and experience in the field of healthcare advisory by working with a variety of clients in acute, primary, community care and commissioning settings.
Your role will involve working in project based teams, supporting the development of our methodologies and products, securing new engagements and generally developing as part of a talented group of people. You will continually be presented with opportunities to challenge yourself in a supportive and commercial environment.
- Provide focused consultancy services to healthcare clients ensuring high quality outputs.
- Develop bespoke models of healthcare activity, capacity and finance for our clients
- Support the wider team in delivery of ongoing projects.
- Participate in sales and marketing activities.
- Contribute to building new service stream methodologies and offerings.
- Support the Healthcare Advisory team in the performance of 'hands on' field work.
- Meeting with clients to identify and discuss their needs as well as taking responsibility for delivering answers to the clients.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data and information from various sources including desk-top research, data requests, interviews and surveys.
- Analyse information (including financial modelling), drawing conclusions and identifying options for discussion with clients.
- Support decision making through activity, capacity, workforce, economic and financial modelling.
- Deliver high quality working papers and reports and presentations to specified deadlines, including the preparation of reports for clients.
- Monitor own progress and comment on work to ensure it meets the required standards and is delivered within timescales.
- Keep project managers informed on progress of the work and let them know immediately if deadlines/quality standards may not be met.
- Ensure client feedback is captured, addressed and effectively communicated to the project manager/director.Take responsibility for own personal development.
- Have a passion for improving the NHS with experience of modelling in the sector or a closely related one.
- Good working knowledge of the NHS and the healthcare system within the UK.
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms
- Confident self-starter with ambition to achieve rapid career progression
- Experience of working within the NHS and/or a consultancy business.
- Educated to degree level.
- Expert understanding of modelling tools such as Excel and Access.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The team’s head office is in London so a certain amount of time will be spent in the London office, although you will be based primarily from the London, Birmingham or Manchester office depending on individual geographical location. Additional travel around the UK will be required on a regular basis.