Accounting Assistant Manager (statutory) - Global Outsourcing
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
A Statutory Accounts Assistant Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage project delivery – liaising between the statutory accounting management team and the client to ensure the assignments are delivered to a high quality and within agreed timescales.
- The successful candidate will be able to utilise significant working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements as well as previous experience preparing statutory accounts and consolidations.
Key skills: Confident communicator, team player and enjoys a technical challenge.
- Take responsibility for planning, executing and finalising all areas of the assignment for Manager review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Provide Managers with input as to the scope of the assignment, appropriate budget and timeframe.
- Brief individual team members on the assignment scope and their roles and responsibilities.
- Review work completed by junior staff within the GO Accounts team.
- Produce work for Manager and Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with Managers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients, identifying opportunities and be a point of contact for clients throughout the year.
- Take on the role of the team’s primary point of contact throughout the assignment with respect to technical and non-technical issues and questions.
- Accompany Managers and Partners to meetings with clients as required, and assist with the preparation for and follow up from such meetings.
- Conduct rigorous project and financial management on all projects, completing projects within agreed timescales and raising issues in a timely manner.
- Supervise, coach, develop and appraise trainees and executives within the GO Accounts team.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees (includes actively providing regular feedback to trainees and executives, assisting them with their development plans and preparing engagement appraisals).
- Ensure job appraisals are completed for staff within set deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with internal (process guidance and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
- Assist with general correspondence, administration (including billing) and ad hoc projects within the department.
- Actively participate in sales and marketing activities.
- Work as part of management team with other Global Outsourcing Managers (e.g. resource planning, performance rate meetings and efficiency gains).
- Take a leading and active role in group, stream and firm wide activities.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training of the GO Accounts team and wider GO group.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or overseas equivalent.
- Post qualification experience in audit or statutory accounting environment
- Significant working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements as well as previous experience preparing statutory accounts and consolidations.
- Experience managing projects.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role, including motivating and developing junior members of staff.
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively, adopting a logical and methodical approach in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience producing reports and presentations for clients.