Accounting Senior - Global Outsourcing
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
As an Accounting Senior, you will be required to use your previous management accounts preparation experience and work closely with, and support, senior members within the team and assist in the timely delivery of services. You will be accountable for much of the field work.
- Enjoys detailed accounting
- Self-motivated & proactive
- Good client service skills
- Control all aspects of the accounts fieldwork which includes direction of the accounts team in their work and responsible for al aspects of file completion.
- Assist Managers in planning and controlling assignments to ensure their completion to the required standard and within budget, with any budget overruns to be reported to a Manager.
- Complete smaller assignments with a minimum of Manager supervision.
- Produce a complete accountancy working paper file with draft accounts for a job that involves incomplete record work.
- Post sales, purchases, bank and journal entries on the firm’s approved accounts package and produce required reports for management account purposes.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and highlight any unusual items ready for review.
- Ensure all clients needs are met in regards to answering queries promptly, building a rapport with the client and anticipating requirements.
- Provide clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls.
- Supervise, coach, motivate and develop junior members of staff both on client premises and in the office, and review and appraise work at the end of the assignment.
- Participate in sales and marketing activities.
• ACA/CIMA or AAT Qualified - (QBE experience also acceptable).
• Significant experience of management accounts preparation.
• Good understanding of different accounting systems.
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.