Insurance Consulting (Levels: Entry Level to Experienced Hires)
Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry. We deliver innovative solutions in banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and investment management and finance, risk and compliance. As the pressures of regulation, cost reduction, and customer expectation grow, we design, build and operate technology for specific operations and entire organizations.
Through our collaborative, team focused and innovative approach, we work side-by-side with our Clients to solve their most complex problems and deliver their highest priority, strategic initiatives. We challenge our clients to think differently about their business and their most significant issues and as a result help them successfully increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs and enhance control. We were positioned 27th in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for' list for 2013 and also appeared in The Times “Top 50 Employers for Women 2013
Working at Capco will give you the chance to help solve significant business issues, create opportunities and transform the world’s most innovative financial services organizations during a period of sweeping industry change.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who can excel in a fluid environment and who are excited about challenging projects, exposure to new clients, business issues, technologies and people. We need people who are able to think on their feet and offer unique perspectives as well as develop innovative solutions for our clients.
We have launched the Capco Insurance Practice building upon our hugely successful capital markets and banking heritage. We are looking for talented individuals at all levels in the practice as we both look to build out as well as service our pipeline of projects. We welcome individuals with experience and knowledge of the insurance sector from consulting and industry.
In general, you will be working at identifying the strategy and drivers for change and effecting change across business and technology. You will be: implementing business strategy through the design and implementation of new operating models; addressing core challenges through the delivery of innovative solutions and create operationally excellent businesses and functions that drive continuous improvement and customer focused outcomes for clients. Examples of themes of work across the insurance sector include the following:
- Operational design and delivery across both technology and business
- Business process improvement implementation and advisory
- Programme delivery management across a range of client projects in the insurance sector from product development to sales and servicing, and claims.
- Design and definition of the optimal IT architecture across insurers, reinsurers and brokers
- Design and delivery of data management strategies and associated implementation Digital strategies for an insurer, reinsurer or brokers in both distribution and administration
- Risk management and risk quantification
- Skills and Experience – the maturity of the skills will necessarily be dependent on the applicant’s experience
Background in a consulting or advisory role
- Enterprise-wide experience of and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- Insurance transformation (with Business and IT) and delivery
- Demonstrable experience of programme planning and control techniques within Insurance companies
- Credibility to command respect and to drive the change agenda amongst multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with ability to positively and sensitively work with executive stakeholders
- Highly effective relationship management skills, with the ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Experience of either performing a line-role in an insurance company, or as a consultant to such an organisation
- Extensive experience with writing business cases, good presentation skills, and analytical ability
- Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques and exposure to operational excellence principles desirable
Travel to client site will be required