Forensic Accounting Senior Manager
BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
The Forensic Accounting unit handles a wide variety of dispute resolution and related matters including: loss of profits and other consequential losses, accountants’ negligence, expert determinations, as well as ad hoc statutory and non-statutory financial investigations. Although London based, our work increasingly involves international clients in disputes outside the UK.
As a Senior Manager you will be responsible for providing leadership to the team, managing clients and supporting partners and directors with growing the business. This includes planning, monitoring, reviewing work of junior members and taking responsibility for business development and marketing initiatives.
- Managing a portfolio of clients including work in progress, debtors, budgeted costs, billing and recovery.
- Developing methods for quantifying claims and reinforcing arguments in respect of liability as a means of fulfilling our forensic instructions.
- Managing staff in the review, analysis and verification of evidence including reviewing their work.
- Producing detailed and professional written documents ranging from proposals through to reports for Court.
- Providing feedback to directors and partners on the progress and effectiveness of work to improve the efficiency of the assignment.
- Taking responsibility for staff management including planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion.
- Acting as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals.
- Supporting partners and directors in the department strategy and spearheading business development and marketing initiatives.
- Contributing and playing an active role in the development of new business relationships, marketing and business proposals including giving presentations, both internal and external, on forensic accounting.
- Taking responsibility for the preparation of pitch and other documents as part of the drive to win new work.
- Maintaining and expanding a network of professional and business contacts.
- Supporting partners and directors on ad hoc assignments, as needed.
- ACA or ACCA.
- Significant specialised experience in dispute resolution.
- Previous management experience