Human Capital Business Partner
Human Capital Business Partner
The HC Business Partner works closely with the relevant Domain leadership to provide a proactive and professional HC service:
- he/she is key to the ensuring that the Company’s employees have the capabilities and levels of engagement necessary to support the implementation of local business strategies.
- he/she assures global consistency in human capital management and appropriate levels of control and compliance at all times.
- he/she is a crucial source of local advice and counsel to local business management of local employment market conditions, employee commitment, etc.
- Although the HC Business Partner reports directly to the UK HC Lead they have a very important “dotted-line” relationship with the local leadership team.
Working closely with the local leadership team, and, of course, the Company’s employees themselves, he/she will have responsibility for:
- Co-ordinate the performance management process for all individuals in the relevant domain consistent with Company policies including objective setting, performance appraisal and feedback, probation periods, and performance improvement programs.
- Work with the Domain leadership to make improvements to the performance management process and embed a culture of ongoing feedback.
- Work with the Resourcing lead to understand where individuals in the relevant domain are assigned and implement career succession planning for each individual.
- Monitor attrition closely, providing updates to the relevant domain leads. Carry out exit interviews with all leavers to identify patterns and create plans to address these.
Talent & engagement
- Work with the relevant domain leadership and the HC team to understand the professional development needs of UK individuals including promoting and supporting the coaching process, and encouraging employees to develop and use individual development plans.
- Work on engagement initiatives to ensure the needs and requirements of the Domain are addressed.
- Provide a “confidentiality guaranteed” go-to person for employees with personal and professional concerns and issues.
- Managing employee relations cases, including TUPE transers, using external legal support where appropriate.
- Be the key point of contact for global mobility within the relevant domain and assist employees in obtaining appropriate visas where necessary.
- Ensure that all global and local human capital practices and policies are implemented at all times.
- Work with the recruitment team during periods of growth to help recruit top talent.
- Previous demonstrable success in a similar role
- Experience of managing TUPE transfers would be advantageous
- Strong generalist human capital experience
- Recruitment experience
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills across all levels of the firm
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and be able to work under pressure whilst ensuring accuracy and maintaining focus
- Excellent written, listening and verbal skills
- Strong technical skills: Excel
- Proactive, assertive and resilient
- Drive and enthusiasm are essential
- Must be degree educated
- CIPD qualification is desirable