Global IT Infrastructure
Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry. We deliver innovative solutions in banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and investment management and finance, risk and compliance. As the pressures of regulation, cost reduction, and customer expectation grow, we design, build and operate technology for specific operations and entire organizations.
Through our collaborative, team focused and innovative approach, we work side-by-side with our Clients to solve their most complex problems and deliver their highest priority, strategic initiatives. We challenge our clients to think differently about their business and their most significant issues and as a result help them successfully increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs and enhance control. We were positioned 27th in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for' list for 2013 and also appeared in The Times “Top 50 Employers for Women 2013
Global IT Infrastructure - Senior Engineer
The Global IT senior engineer reports directly to the Global IT Infrastructure manager and is responsible for the operation and support of the Capco’s global IT footprint. This senior technical role provides design, architecture, implementation and project management support to the Global IT Infrastructure Manager.
Duties and Accountabilities
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting directly and working closely with the Global IT Infrastructure manager based in the UK
- Supporting global and local IT Service delivery and support teams as required.
- Representing IT Infrastructure on IT Service delivery and IT Security working group meetings
- Review, alignment and integration of existing Capco Information technologies into global parent company standard
- Participating in Service request and change process to implement infrastructure for new service requests, projects or changes
- Building of severs and services using on premise, IaaS, PaaS (AWS) and SaaS IT infrastructure provided by in house teams and vendors.
- Contribution to IT Infrastructure roadmap and planning based on business objectives and requirements combined with knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Working with regional Infrastructure team resources to deliver objectives
- Collaboration with Global Information security officer to facilitate the delivery of supporting infrastructure and connectivity to existing infrastructure and systems to the Security team.
- Regular review of Change requests and unauthorised change incidents with the Global change manager
- Regular review of IT Service Delivery and support with the Global IT Service support and Delivery lead.
- Support the Global Security team as required during security breach investigations
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Educated to degree level with strong customer service background
- Previous experience working as an IT manager or as a technical infrastructure lead within an organization.
- Working knowledge of common windows client, server, active directory and email/collaboration tools and concepts such as anti-virus, proxies (web and file transfer), endpoint management, encryption (at rest/in-motion), patch management, vulnerability remediation, SMTP, SMNP, monitoring systems setup and configuration
- Experience of working closely with network and firewall teams to plan and deliver solutions. Knowledge of concepts L3/L7 firewalls would be an advantage.
- A technical history based in on premise solutions but with exposure to and practical knowledge of using Infrastructure as a service especially AWS.
- Strong demonstrable IT knowledge of infrastructure components (network, systems, applications, Cloud SaaS, IaaS and PaaS, email and collaboration, desktop, voice)
- High level knowledge of ISO27001 security standards and the implications for implementing, operating and running corporate infrastructure tools, polices and process.
- TCP/IP (IP addressing and commonly used port assignments), Windows/UNIX/Linux Operating Systems, Client-Server applications, Web based applications, remote access technologies, and mobile devices
- Strong analytical skills to determine the key pieces of information required to make informed decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to adjust communication style/content to interact with IT and business professionals
- A keen, demonstrable interest in current and future technology.
- Appreciation of technologies required to help meet security requirements of ISO27001 and audit standards
- Knowledge of tools required used to make an AWS EC2 environment more secure
- Experince with Administration of Google Apps for business Domain
- Information Technology certification a plus: MCSE, CCNA, etc
- Project Management certification a plus : PRINCE2, etc
- High level knowledge of ITIL pricipals
- AWS Archritecure certification