Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry. We deliver innovative solutions in banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and investment management and finance, risk and compliance. As the pressures of regulation, cost reduction, and customer expectation grow, we design, build and operate technology for specific operations and entire organizations.
Through our collaborative, team focused and innovative approach, we work side-by-side with our Clients to solve their most complex problems and deliver their highest priority, strategic initiatives. We challenge our clients to think differently about their business and their most significant issues and as a result help them successfully increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs and enhance control. We were positioned 27th in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for' list for 2013 and also appeared in The Times “Top 50 Employers for Women 2013
Here at Capco we love innovating and being different, and that’s why we’ve created an Innovation Labs team who spend their days designing and building the future of finance.
As part of our team you’ll work closely with clients across the financial services industry to revolutionise their organisations by solving complex business challenges through innovative use of data. You will bring your fresh, creative approach to global retail and investment banks, insurance companies and wealth management firms. You’ll be given the freedom to run with your own ideas and expected to challenge received wisdom on how things work in the industry.
Your role as a Data Scientist will involve finding new insights and working in a team to present data in impactful ways using a combination of interactive visualisations, graphic design and storytelling to facilitate innovation and business decision-making at the highest level.
- Turning traditional data sets into beautiful visualisations, showing insights and telling stories to assist business decision making
- Developing prototypes of interactive data visualisation applications
- Designing and implementing business processes to ensure data quality and integrity
- Passion for information design
- Awareness/experience of D3.js data visualisation library
- Minimum 2.1 degree (in any subject - with quantitative backgrounds preferred) or equivalent experience
- Desire to challenge the status quo
- Passion for infographics, data visualisation and information design
- Both creative and analytical problem solving skills
- Interest in changing financial services for the better
100% travel to client site may be required