Banking Risk Consultant
Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry. We deliver innovative solutions in banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and investment management and finance, risk and compliance. As the pressures of regulation, cost reduction, and customer expectation grow, we design, build and operate technology for specific operations and entire organizations.
Through our collaborative, team focused and innovative approach, we work side-by-side with our Clients to solve their most complex problems and deliver their highest priority, strategic initiatives. We challenge our clients to think differently about their business and their most significant issues and as a result help them successfully increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs and enhance control. We were positioned 27th in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for' list for 2013 and also appeared in The Times “Top 50 Employers for Women 2013
As part of our UK growth strategy, Capco is expanding risk capability in the Banking domain. As such we are seeking to recruit a number of risk management consultants, at all levels, with experience of the banking sector to join the London Finance, Risk and Compliance (FRC) team.
As a member of the team you will be expected to have subject matter knowledge of risks associated with typical banking products such as customer loans, mortgages, credit cards and corporate lending. Knowledge of other risk areas would be an advantage. You will be familiar with current and emerging regulation as it relates to financial risk management and understand the implications on firms operating in the sector.
- Delivery of client engagements
- Development of propositions to take to market
- Helping to develop capability in FRC for the banking domain
- Sharing knowledge and insight with fellow practitioners
- Experience of the banking industry commensurate with the grade applied for in one or more relevant risk disciplines
- Technical advisory – in risk management or prudential or other relevant regulation
- Business consulting or change delivery – including the ability to develop functional analyses, target operating models and functional specifications
- Experience of the key technology and data issues affecting risk management systems and operations.
- The ability to analyse client and market issues and define solutions that stay within the commercial, operational and regulatory constraints of the market
- The presentation of complex concepts in clear and concise language tailored for the needs of the audience
- Leadership skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable managing your own career
- A numerate or relevant degree, ideally 2:1 or above