…If you are a junior architect with ambition and drive, a creative and analytical problem-solver and a clear and concise communicator who can establish credibility quickly with people whatever their professional background then PA Consulting Group can offer some of the most exciting growth opportunities that the consulting industry offers.
PA Consulting Group (PA) leads the development of integrated Business and IT architectures for a wide range of high-profile organisations in industries spanning retail, education, energy, health, finance, regulation, utilities and the public sector.
We are seeking to recruit junior Enterprise Architects as we grow our IT Advisory consulting practice. Based in London you will consult for prestigious clients, working alongside experienced architects and sector specialists from across PA. This role is ideal for ambitious individuals who wish to move into a management consulting position that builds on good exposure within any underlying architectural domain.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment solving our clients’ biggest problems with senior-level client exposure. Our architecture training programme will ensure that your skills are at the forefront of the industry, both in technical disciplines and in PA’s market-leading Business Design EA framework which spans strategy, operating models, technology and change.
Successful candidates will be flexible in their approach and skillset in order to be able to participate in a wide variety of activities without day-to-day support, such as:
- Developing models in one or more specific architectural domains, such as building business capability maps, defining as-is and to-be application estate views or creating infrastructure capability models
- Reviewing and aligning end-to-end architectures across process, application, data and infrastructure architecture domains
- Writing sections of strategic reports that provide well-evidenced research to support senior client stakeholders in their decision-making processes
- Performing architecture process execution, adding value to the day-to-day running of design authorities and architecture review boards
- Planning and assisting the delivery of key client workshops, interviews and other key senior stakeholder management interactions
Example roles for Consultant Architect architecture entrants include:
- Working with senior IT stakeholders at the UK’s most exciting airline to define as-is IT architectures and business capabilities, developing future options and then, as part of a wider joint client / PA team, defining the overall IT strategy
- Leading the delivery of specific as-is and to-be architectural deliverables to redefine the customer journey and experience at a worldwide retail finance organisation, developing content for key workshops and communicating findings with a wide cross section of business and IT stakeholders
- Coordinating senior client leads and their teams in the development of new business capabilities and processes for a first-in-class collaboration approach that saw two major Police forces converge on a single joint crime and intelligence application platform
Candidates are likely to have demonstrable exposure in the following disciplines:
- Working within any domain of established Architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF, MODAF/EASE, Zachman or other similar in-house approaches
- Structured thinking and analysis techniques across the architecture lifecycle, from strategy to implementation
- Capturing and conveying complex concepts in ways that are easy to understand
- Interacting with senior stakeholders (up to Director / Head of Dept.) to scope, define, justify and deliver architectural solutions to their business challenges
- Working in joint teams that include input and insight from non-technical domains (e.g. value chains, business capabilities, processes, people, finances)
- Participation in formal architecture governance bodies such as design authorities
Additionally, recent knowledge and experience of the following domain-specific topics is of particular interest:
- Enterprise applications: CRM, Enterprise Workflow, Finance, HR, Business Intelligence, Service Management, Enterprise Integration and Collaboration
- Infrastructure: Virtualisation/Containerisation, Cloud Computing, Security, Networking, Storage, Resilience/DR, End User Computing
- Data: ILM, MDM, Taxonomies, Conceptual and Logical Data Modelling
- Operations: ITIL/Service Management, Architecture Maturity Assessments, Architecture Operating Models, Strategic Planning
As with all consulting roles at PA, a strong academic background (UK 2:1 degree equivalent or higher) and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are assumed. Travel is expected, in particular within Europe, and proficiency in other languages is an advantage.
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group (PA) is different from other management consultancies; we are a firm of inventors, innovators and industry professionals. We offer leading training and a meritocratic environment where you own and shape your work and future. We place less emphasis on hierarchy and more on treating you as an individual.
Employee-owned, award-winning, independent, highly successful, global, and ambitious for further growth, PA is hiring exceptional people and providing them with opportunities that they will not find elsewhere. We are looking for opinion-formers, people who prize a culture based on respect, collaboration, and new ideas, and who have a passion for delivering solutions to the most complex and challenging issues affecting business and government. PA offers a career in consulting, not just a job; a stake in our firm; and an environment where individuals and ideas matter.
We recognise that diversity is strength and that the differences between people add value to our organisation. PA Consulting Group is committed to equality and diversity and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion or age.