Consultant Systems Engineering
If you have Systems Engineering experience, a broad perspective and are keen to deliver difficult and complicated programmes, Management Consulting may be the next logical move for you.
PA Consulting Group is a management, systems and technology consulting firm with 1,500 consultants operating across the world. As an independent, employee-owned company, the advice we give and the work we deliver is based only on what is best for our clients
Our Defence and Security practice has a strong track record in maximizing the delivery of project benefits for customers in the government and private sectors, working across key areas of policy, strategy, and implementation of change. Systems Engineering is an essential discipline which underpins the delivery of our most complex assignments.
We are looking for talented individuals who have led or delivered substantial Systems Engineering projects and supported the delivery of complex systems based projects. You’ll identify, develop and implement major strategic business change through successful delivery of the most complicated programmes, taking responsibility for leading teams, defining major programmes and mobilising projects, working alongside senior client staff and PA colleagues to deliver work in large complex environments.
Does this sound like you?
You should have a record of successful project delivery from either a professional services consultancy or large blue chip organisations within Defence and Security.
You should have:
- an impressive record of career progression (including appointments to several key systems engineering posts) and innovation
- good Systems Engineering experience, having led systems engineering functions on large or medium sized programmes with experience in architectures for complex systems, system level trade offs, the role of Design Authority, and project/programme assurance
- strong project management gained on at least one major programme with experience of lifecycle management and risk management, ideally familiar with complex planning (WBS, OBS, CBS etc.)
- awareness of the commercial realities associated with the delivery of major programmes
- be able to demonstrate clearly the value you added to major projects
- possess strong consultancy skills and a track record working up to Board level
- routinely use your technical expertise, strong interpersonal skills, and commercial acumen, to understand requirements, formulate and deliver creative solutions to client issues
What can PA offer you?
- The best business career available. Our original, strategic and operational consulting makes a real business difference to high-profile clients. We never offer second-hand work or ready made solutions.
- Work alongside very intelligent and interesting colleagues who will stretch, develop and challenge you.
- A transparent career path where your advancement is objectively measured, enabling you to achieve your full potential
- Training and development rated amongst the best in consultancy
- A unique remuneration package, offering an uncapped performance-related bonus and shares in an independent, employee owned firm: we answer only to our clients and ourselves
Don’t worry if you’ve not done everything yet as we’ll develop you. We have the flexibility of a consulting base covering all disciplines: your individuality matters.
About PA Consulting Group
About PA Consulting Group
By remaining independent of third parties or pre-defined solutions our advice and programme delivery is that which you would expect from a Management Consultancy. We have genuine breadth and depth of experience from strategy and IT to HR and applied technology that’s hard to find elsewhere.
The key sectors we operate in are defence, energy, financial services, public sector, international development, health, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, and transportation
Our core services are strategic management, innovation and technology, IT, operational improvement, human resources, and complex programme delivery.
PA is a meritocracy. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and remunerating our employees solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s objectives, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital or civil partnership status or part-time or fixed-term status. Diversity makes PA a stronger company.