PA Consulting Group is a management, systems and technology consulting firm that transforms the performance of organsations worldwide. As an independent, employee-owned company, the advice we give and the work we deliver is based only on what is best for our clients.
Our cyber security work is diverse and complex including: helping clients with strategy and governance; assessing their threat and risk; protecting, responding and recovering from attacks. We deliver robust and integrated solutions that bring together people, process, systems and physical measures to ensure business resilience and security. Clients value our ability to consistently deliver successful change, working in partnership with them, their staff and supply chain.
A proper Management Consultant isn’t constrained by a narrow role description. One day you might be working alongside our private sector clients to help them identify how to improve their security and to deliver transformation and performance improvement programmes. The next, you could be working with government clients to formulate new policy and interventions to secure national interests. The task could be high end strategy, or detailed technical delivery.
We will expect you to take responsibility for leading teams, defining major programmes and mobilising projects, working alongside senior client staff and PA colleagues to deliver work in large complex environments. You will need drive and motivation to do the right thing and to succeed, even when it looks tough. In return, you will earn the right to work on some of the most interesting challenges and programmes in the sector.
Does this sound like you?
You should have a track record of successful project delivery working either within a major cyber security supplier, a professional services consultancy or from within the Defence, Security or Intelligence communities. We also look for the following:
- Expertise and operating experience in a key cyber security specialisation, whether IT security, insider threat, physical security or information assurance.
- Strong consultancy skills, including a high degree of communication and presentation skills, with the ability to manage projects, working with both people and technology to achieve successful outcomes.
- Commercial acumen to understand requirements and formulate realistic and robust solutions, whilst appreciating and managing risk appropriately.
- A robust intellectual approach with a good degree-level education and further professional qualifications such as CLAS or CISSP. An MBA is desirable but not essential.
- A willingness to learn and to develop yourself and others around you.
For more senior roles you’ll need to have had:
• Leadership of substantial projects, with a large team
• Business winning responsibility alongside your implementation responsibility
• A track record of developing service propositions / thought leadership
The role is based from London Victoria, albeit that you will be primarily working with our clients at their locations. You should hold a UK passport and be prepared to undergo a vetting process as part of your role in PA if required.
About PA Consulting Group
By remaining independent of third parties or pre-defined solutions our advice and programme delivery is that which you would expect from a Management Consultancy. We have genuine breadth and depth of experience from strategy and IT to HR and applied technology that’s hard to find elsewhere.
The key sectors we operate in are defence, energy, financial services, public sector, international development, health, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, and transportation
Our core services are strategic management, innovation and technology, IT, operational improvement, human resources, and complex programme delivery.
What can PA offer you?
- The best business career available. Our original, strategic and operational consulting makes a real business difference to high-profile clients. We never offer second-hand work or ready made solutions.
- Work alongside very intelligent and interesting colleagues who will stretch, develop and challenge you.
- A transparent career path where your advancement is objectively measured, enabling you to achieve your full potential
- Training and development rated amongst the best in consultancy
- A unique remuneration package, offering an uncapped performance-related bonus and shares in an independent, employee owned firm: we answer only to our clients and ourselves
Don’t worry if you’ve not done everything yet as we’ll develop you. We have the flexibility of a consulting base covering all disciplines: your individuality matters.
PA is a meritocracy. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and remunerating our employees solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s objectives, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital or civil partnership status or part-time or fixed-term status. Diversity makes PA a stronger company