The IT leader of today faces two main challenges. On the one hand, there is a constant need to reduce costs and increase efficiency, while at the same time, improve the quality of IT services to the overall business. But there is also a more long-term, strategic mission – to provide the innovation that will bolster the company’s competitive position in the marketplace. The IT Advisory practice helps the CIO achieve these goals.
We are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who have a track record of delivering IT enabled business change. You will be working with blue chip clients, helping to deliver complex and challenging projects and programmes. The role will require the ability to contribute at all stages of the project lifecycle; from establishing a business case and return on investment, through to implementation and project close down. The scope of the roles will cover:
• Leading projects for blue chip clients
• Provision of planning and project office support to programmes and project portfolios
• Leading work streams of mixed PA and client teams within large complex programmes
• Managing stakeholders up to and including board level
• Provision of coaching and support to clients
• Support to sales and business development activities
• Contribution to PA Thought leadership
You should have a demonstrable track record of success with proven experience in a project and programme delivery environment. Your experience may have been gained in either a professional services firm or blue chip organisation. You should also have:
• Experience of using structured methodologies such as PRINCE 2 in a number of projects or programmes
• Knowledge and practical experience of good practice project management techniques
• Experience of leading and managing others
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Comfort with the commercial and financial aspects of programme and project management
• Initiative, energy and tenacity to ensure delivery is achieved
About PA Consulting Group
What can PA offer you?
- Original, strategic and operational consulting that makes a real business difference to high-profile clients. We never offer second-hand work or ready made solutions
- The opportunity to work in committed teams that blend in-depth industry experience with high quality consulting expertise
- A transparent career path where your advancement is objectively measured, enabling you to achieve your full potential
- Training and development rated amongst the best in consultancy
PA Consulting Group is a leading management, IT and technology consulting firm. Independent, award winning and employee-owned, we operate globally in more than 30 countries and transform the performance of major organisations in both the private and public sectors.
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results to our clients through our innovative thinking and in-depth sector expertise.
We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s success, and regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.