Executive Advisory, Retail and Corporate Banking Clients
Operations Advisory, Retail & Corporate Banking clients - Executive level
With an unmatched reputation for industry insight, technical expertise and delivery excellence, EY is experiencing significant growth within its Performance Improvement financial services consulting practice. We are continuing to expand our retail banking operations advisory team and are looking to recruit individuals with the combined knowledge of banking and operations to join this team.
We have already attracted significant senior talent from both industry and consulting to drive the growth of this business, and are now looking to recruit of high calibre individuals at Executive, Manager and Senior Manager level. There are currently 30 people in the retail banking operations team in the UK as part of a European team of nearly 350 people.
We operate as a pan-European organisation, serving clients across retail banking, corporate banking, payments/cards, and wealth management. We are building out our capabilities in these industry sectors focusing pre-dominantly on operating model development, process re-engineering including Lean, cost reduction and post merger/de-merger activities. We are working across the entire value chain and end-to-end processes which include risk and regulatory elements as well as technology impacts. Most of all we are also working on solutions that ensure that the end customer is being considered for every change.
Our aim is to be recognised as market leaders in our chosen market and help our clients transform their businesses. We have supported them through the economic crisis and now we support them with achieving real competitive advantages by optimising their growth potential.
We have developed one strategic solution “Excellence in Operations” that includes a number of methods and tools and covers operations specific functions such as Collections and Recoveries, Payments, Complaints etc as well as touch points with other areas such as compliance, customer, technology and change.
We are looking for people who can perform detailed analysis as well as design and implement practical and innovative solutions to address our clients’ challenges. Responsibilities include:
- Contributing and/or leading on process re-engineering initiatives that result in real benefits to the client both financially and from a compliance point of view
- Design and implement new or enhanced operating models applying our Enterprise Operating Model approach. This needs to be done within a specific function or enterprise wide.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities across an entire organisation or within a specific function
- Work with our clients who are in the process of merging or de-merging (including carve outs) to ensure their operation functions going forward
- Operationalise regulatory changes such as AML, Conduct Risk, KYC etc
- Support the wider team with the development of thought leadership, benchmarks, quality and risk management activities as well as team events
- Help develop our business by supporting sales activities and leveraging their own networks and contact
- Adopt to the advisory life style which includes flexibility to work away from home – sometimes for longer periods of time
- Deliver on a client assignments as part of a larger team
- Networking to develop long-term trusted relationships
- Aiding proposals and bid teams
- Participating in on-site EY delivery teams
- Liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partners
- Enhance skills that will help develop EY’s business
- Pro-actively support the people agenda including buddying for new joiners
To be successful in these roles, you will require the following:
- Successful track record in retail banking operations gained through a top tier consultancy (Big 4, IBM, Accenture etc.), a specialist financial services consultancy or a top tier Bank
- Appreciation of current market trends in Retail Banking, Corporate Banking and/or Wealth Management and the related operational areas
- Knowledge or at least an awareness of the regulatory challenges that banks face and their impact on operations
- Knowledge and skills in specific areas of a bank either as part of a wider function or specific processes
- Ability to transfer industry specific skills to similar situations outside the own area of specialism
- Profile and Skills
- Ambition to build / develop a career in advising Financial Services clients
- Natural networker that has and/or develops strong relationships that can be leveraged for EY
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and participate effectively in meetings with senior clients
- Team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to work under limited supervision (‘self starter’) in unstructured environments
- Excellent graduate level education
- Flexibility to travel to, and work in, other locations is essential
- Strong retail banking operations experience either enterprise wide or within a specific function or process. This also includes operations and capacity planning and operations strategy.
- Specific skills in one or more consultancy approaches such as process re-engineering, Target Operating Model development and implementation (ideally at a group or divisional level), cost reduction, post merger integration and carve outs etc. Specifically, we are keen on the following two skills:
- Process Improvement - Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), Business Process Management (BPM), Workflow, Exception Processing, Process Control Review and Design, Six Sigma, Lean, Process Modelling
- Operating Model Design - Target Operating Model, Organisational Design, Functional Architecture, Locational Model, Application Architecture, Sourcing Models, Onshoring / Offshoring, Shared Services etc
- Regulatory and Risk insights impacting retail banking operations such as FATCA, AML, KYC, Conduct Risk etc
Who we are
At Ernst & Young our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.