Senior Manager – Application Risk
Senior Manager – Application Risk
You will lead large scale client engagements. Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
You will effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
You will be required to develop a strong network in the industry and should be able to get new business. Reaching out the market, positioning, requirements gathering, managing and facilitating pre-sales, preparing proposals, follow-ups, and managing the entire teams will all be part of the responsibilities. You should also be able to align your business development in line with company's short and long term strategies. You will also be required to keep the executive management in confidence on all your strategies, plans and initiatives.
You will ensure that all projects adhere to required IT standards and best practice and to be seen as technical expert for internal stakeholder and other team members. Will have the ability to translate high level business requirements into technology architecture, build roadmaps, identify areas of strength and weakness, drive strategic planning, evaluate project portfolio, and manage senior business stakeholders.
To secure this position it is essential that you can demonstrate skills required to fulfil following responsibilities:
- Participate in Information Technology Risk & Assurance (ITRA) engagements
- Assist in managing financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Participate in business development initiatives
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services.
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff.
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training ITRA professionals
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Fast learner and a good mentor transferring know-how and best practices to clients and EY consultants
Business / Technical skills requirements
- Sound knowledge of financial and banking processes covering Retail banking, Corporate banking, Credit. (Investment, Treasury and Wealth Management will be an added advantage)
- Subject matter expert in T24 Core Banking Solution application architecture
- Resolve T-24 issues rapidly without compromising the quality of the service delivery
- Must manage the technical issues related to the service delivery in the T-24 Projects
- Temenos Certified Consultant Program – Platinum / Gold Certification, experience in the latest T24 releases such as R11 and R12 is preferred
- Proven experience in business development and account management
- Strong academic record including a degree
- Prince2 or PMI (optional)
- Ability to work extended hours
Willing to travel to client sites
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.