Managers & Senior Consultant Data Privacy
Data Privacy - Managers & Senior Consultant
EY is recognised as a leading independent provider of technology, security and risk advisory services, supporting organisations to address the challenges of governance, transformation, regulatory compliance and maximising value for money. EY has a global network of over 6,000 IT assurance and advisory professionals with 350 technical advisors in the UK alone. EY has the highest number of Certified Information Privacy Professionals (CIPPs) worldwide.
In response to strong market demand, and to support the ongoing growth of our Data Privacy team, we are seeking additional individuals with strong privacy skills to enhance our existing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the future growth of our practice and work with a broad range of clients across a number of different sectors.
The role will involve working with a variety of clients and industries, and you will be working alongside practitioners from across EY, on a variety of privacy assurance and advisory projects. As an ambassador for the Privacy team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients' high expectations. You will therefore be highly motivated, and be a strong communicator. Experience of a consulting environment would be beneficial. We are seeking high performing individuals who have been recognised for exceeding expectations. Candidates should be willing to take on a challenge and be able to use their initiative with minimal support.
You will require a minimum 5 years’ experience in data privacy with:
- Strong knowledge of international privacy laws and regulations
- An awareness of current frameworks, technologies, emerging trends, and best practices related to data privacy
- Experience of implementing privacy and information security programs including, requirements definition, data flow analysis, risk assessments and strategy development such as policies and procedures, business process controls, incident response plans, monitoring, reporting, and training and awareness programs
There is a high degree of variety in the work, so the ability to be flexible and adaptable is key. Our work covers a number of sectors, the main ones being the UK Government, Utilities, Oil & Gas, Energy, Consumer Products and Pharmaceutical industries. Whatever the industry and focus for our assignments, the expectation is for technical excellence combined with strong commercial understanding.
Privacy Managers and Senior Consultants work with clients as a business advisor. This involves working with senior client management teams from within business operations, information security and IT to:
- Assess risks, using recognised sources of threat intelligence as well as business impact assessments
- Assess management of privacy covering people, physical, process and technology aspects
- Advise on and, where required, manage the transformation and improvement of the privacy programme in a client organisation
- Advise on and implement performance management and assurance frameworks for privacy
Privacy professionals are expected to bring insight to client problems through application of EY methodologies, EY know-how, and the use of recognised industry standards, methods and techniques (including approaches for specific sectors such as government and defence, critical national infrastructures and financial services). Additionally, the role will also encompass day-to-day management of a broader range of information security solution-related projects dependent upon the skills and experience required.
You will be expected to have some business development capability, being able to demonstrate success in the development of client business relationships and support the selling of privacy services to clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning and delivery of privacy engagements
- Writing client reports
- Review and quality assurance of client deliverables
- Engagement assurance and commercial risk management
- Managing and mentoring junior engagement team members
In addition to engagement-specific responsibilities, you will form part of the wider Information Security team, and make a proactive contribution to areas such as learning and development, knowledge sharing, current technologies, methodologies and the ongoing expansion of the Privacy and wider Information Security team.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.