Enterprise Intelligence Manager
Enterprise Intelligence (EI) – Manager
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services.
Our people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
EY has a global network of over 23,000 advisory professionals, including in the UK & Ireland (UK&I). Our advisory professionals provide performance improvement, risk and IT risk & assurance services to our clients. We have deep cross-industry competencies in Information Technology, Supply Chain, Customer, Risk and Finance.
Within the UK&I Performance Improvement sub-service line is our Enterprise Intelligence (EI) capability group. Our EI capability group is focused on delivering leading edge business intelligence & analytics, enterprise performance management, information management and enterprise content management services to our clients.
We offer services ranging from strategy development to programme delivery, assurance and governance.
Our UK&I EI team comprises over 60 practitioners with diverse backgrounds, all demonstrating capabilities to translate data from its most technical and detailed levels to deliver insightful analysis that will help clients improve decision making and business performance.
Our go to market approach is business-focused and our solutions are developed around client issues. As one of our Enterprise Intelligence advisors, you’ll help many of the world’s leading organisations to improve their performance in a rapidly changing business environment. You’ll be part of multidisciplinary teams, bringing diverse perspectives to every challenge.
In response to strong market demand, we are seeking additional individuals to enhance our existing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the future growth of our practice and to work with a broad range of clients across a number of different sectors.
The manager role will involve working with a variety of clients in a number of different industries as well as working with other EY teams in areas such as Customer and Supply Chain. As an ambassador for the EI team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients' high expectations.
There is a high degree of variety in the work, so the ability to be flexible and adaptable is key. Our work covers a number of sectors. Whatever the industry and focus of our engagements, the expectation is for advisory excellence, combined with strong commercial understanding.
As a Manager you will join our existing management team, and support our drive to build out further industry or issue specific service offerings to fuel further growth. You will be expected to build relationships with our internal client people, as well as with clients and targets.
Depending upon the size and complexity of the engagement, candidates may lead a small team or carry sole responsibility for engagement delivery.
Although a robust advisory methodology underpins our engagement delivery, clients each face their own specific business problems, so a key component of the role is the interaction with client stakeholders (often at a senior level) to fully understand the business context and the nature of their requirements, before determining the right approach to the work.
Within the context of client engagements, specific responsibilities include:
• Planning, managing and executing the delivery of engagements
• Writing client reports including findings and recommendations
• Review and quality assurance of work products
• Engagement assurance and commercial risk management
• Managing and mentoring engagement team members
• Ongoing business development both internally and with clients
In addition, the EI team places a significant emphasis on its own management and development
Skills & Experience:
You will need at least 6 years of experience in the information management or business intelligence & analytics space
Core Consulting Skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Continuously builds and masters key technical, functional and professional skills
• A passion to contribute to the growth of the EI practice
• Highly professional with ability to work in challenging, diverse and evolving client environments
• Self motivated with lots of energy and drive
• Strong teaming and interpersonal skills
• Good presentation and facilitation skills
• Good MS Powerpoint skills
In addition to the core consulting skills, we are interested in hearing from candidates who have experience in one or more of the following areas
• Participation in developing enterprise information strategies and roadmaps
• Participation in developing architectural and design patterns, considerations, solution options, and impact
• Experience in developing Entity-Relationship and Dimensional data models. Specific experience in modeling data warehouse and operational data store. Must have gone through at least one full life cycle implementation
• Experience in designing and implementing SOA based data solutions
• Design and implementation of ETL solutions using one of the leading ETL packages (eg, Informatica, Ab Initio, DataStage)
• Design and implementation of an operational data store, data warehouse or data mart on one of the leading platforms (e.g., Oracle, DB2, Teradata. Sybase, SQL Server, Netezza)
• Design and implementation of an MDM solution on a platform (eg SAP Netweaver, Informatica MDM, Visionware Multivue)
• Architecture, Design, and Implementation of leading metadata vendor solutions (e.g. Rochade, Adaptive)
• Experience using SQL for modifying, manipulating and transforming data
Data Quality Management & Data Governance
• Identification and analysis of data issues and their impacts to our clients
• Ability to conduct discovery, perform root cause analysis, and make recommendations for the remediation of data quality issues
• The ability to design and recommend governance structures and control frameworks for the ongoing management and improvement of data quality
• Experience with large scale data remediation projects, from issue identification, prioritisation through to remediation/resolution as it relates to client business objectives and operations
• Design and implementation experience with a major data quality tool (eg QualityStage, TS Data Quality, Informatica Data Quality)
Business Intelligence & Analytics:
• Development of business intelligence and analytics capabilities, strategy and roadmap
• Facilitation and definition of reporting and analytics business requirements
• Definition of Business Intelligence technical architectures
• Experience in designing and implementing OLAP based data solutions
• Design and implementation of at least one of leading Business Intelligence & Analytics packages (e.g., Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Spotfire, ClickView, SAS, SPSS)
• Ability to analyze and review client business data to identify key indicators pertaining to operations, risk, finance, compliance, or process and controls
• Design and implement analytical business and technology solutions to meet identified key indicators
It is desirable that candidates also demonstrate an understanding of a functional competency (e.g. Customer, Risk, Finance & Supply Chain)
Who we are
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.