Reward portfolio manager
Job title: Reward portfolio manager
Office location: London
Total reward package: Competitive
Hay Group employees all have something in common – they don’t believe in average, or ‘good enough’. They shake things up, question everything, and push themselves and others. We’re looking for the best people to join our team.
At Hay Group, you’ll work in a professional, client-focused environment. But we’re flexible. We don’t stand on ceremony, and you’ll never have to go through layers of management to get things done. Our people work hard, and we judge them by how well they do their job – not how late they sit at their desk. In a recent survey, our people told us, “the more you give, the more you get back”. Recognizing and rewarding our people is our side of the bargain.
The job for you?
Hay Group has launched a new business, Productized Services, which takes our intellectual property in the form of assessments, surveys and databases in the areas of Talent, and Pay to market via protocols and tools in a new way. In Productized Services, we package repeatable, standardized services in straightforward, predefined price bundles, with clear input requirements and well defined deliverables. We work with a sales-oriented, scalable business model on a global scale. The organizing principles for our product management are that it will:
- Be the ‘voice of the market’ in our business
- Deliver productized services that are easy to sell
- ‘Own’ the productized services throughout their entire lifecycle
Product management will exist at the intersections of the market / field, technical development and product marketing.
This position is responsible for playing the lead role in support of the global category leader. It will collaborate in the creation of go to market plans then direct the execution of these.
The principle accountabilities and primary deliverables of the Product Portfolio Manager:
- To discover market problems for which Hay Group offers potential productized service
- To quantify market opportunities for our productized services so that revenue and profit targets can be achieved
- To develop and maintain a category of productized services that are ‘easy to sell’ and so enable profitable business growth
- To create category go-to-market strategies for that ensure full market potential of its productized services is achieved
- To create and execute with Cluster Leaders and the wider field organization annual business plans for a product portfolio
Knowledge, skills and experience
The education, experience, skills and qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Experience in product management, new product development, new product introduction, and go-to-market plan definition of software-based products and services
- Deep knowledge of client needs and issues within the reward area
- Excellent conceptual thinking capabilities. The successful candidate will have the vision to identify new product and market opportunities and how these are best fulfilled
- High impact and strong influence and relationship building skills to work across Productized Services and the Hay Group network.
- Self-starter possessing resilience and the ability to work autonomously and with minimal direction as part of a global, virtual team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including:
- Highly developed cultural sensitivity ideally nurtured via direct multi-cultural work experiences
- English fluency