Job Title: Recruitment manager (15-18 month contract)
Total reward package: Competitive
Hay Group is a global consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. We develop talent, organise people to be more effective and motivate them to perform at their best. We work with over 7,000 clients around the world. Our clients are from private, public and not-for-profit sectors, across every major industry and represent diverse business challenges. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organisations realise their potential.
The job for you?
The Hay Group HR team provides a professional, client-focused service dedicated to improving the performance of the business and enabling the business to achieve its strategy. We provide excellent support to our clients, both internal and external, providing reliable and timely advice, and keep up to date with key business information and our business priorities to deliver HR initiatives that support the success of the business. We work with managers to enable them to do their jobs and support employees to perform effectively. We also play an important role in the development and realisation of the Hay Group employer brand.
The recruitment manager provides a proactive and strategically focused recruitment service, ensuring the business is able to source and appoint talented individuals, enabling us to achieve our business strategy. The recruitment manager ensures that effective and appropriate recruitment approaches are used and takes a long term view to effectively manage and build our talent pool and talent pipeline.
Annual recruitment budget: £360,000
Annual vacancies recruited: 70 - 80
The recruitment manager is responsible for recruiting vacancies for the UK and Ireland businesses, for global employees based in the UK and Ireland, and for external associates.
The recruitment manager accesses administrative support from two HR assistants who provide a full spectrum of HR support to business areas they are aligned to. The recruitment manager works alongside the HR manager and HR advisor who partner with defined business areas and who provide insight and knowledge about these areas and the roles within them.
- Lead the recruitment activities and campaigns for all roles based in the UK and Ireland, including volume recruitment campaigns for employees and external associates, ensuring vacancies are filled in good time and with high quality candidates.
- Partner with internal clients to develop a comprehensive understanding of the talent required to meet business demand, as well as the necessary skills and experience required for open positions.
- Advise the business on the most strategic approach to filling open positions, including accurate job description content, innovative candidate sourcing, and a structured assessment and interview process.
- Develop recruiting plans that leverage appropriate strategies to enable the business to recruit for immediate needs while also building long-term talent pipelines, ensuring strategies are fit for purpose, efficient, and provide candidates with a positive experience.
- Be responsible for developing qualified active and passive candidate pipelines through research, screening and networking.
- Develop and maintain strong consultative relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Closely manage relationships with external suppliers and agencies, ensuring they have a thorough understanding of Hay Group as an organization and employer, and are operating in Hay Group’s interests.
- Serve as primary contact for candidates and internal clients throughout the recruiting life cycle, ensuring a world-class customer experience.
- Conduct post-campaign reviews to assess successes and learning points and put in place mechanisms to apply this learning to future campaigns.
- In partnership with the head of HR create an annual recruitment strategy in alignment with our HR and business strategies, defining our strategic approach to sourcing and attracting candidates, managing our talent pool and pipeline, and identifying metrics to measure our success.
- Negotiate agreements with external agencies and suppliers, ensuring they support the recruitment strategy.
- Actively research activities and trends in the external market, sharing appropriate trends with the HR team and managers in the business, and review the impact on our recruitment approaches.
- Support and drive a culture of continuous improvement, regularly reviewing overall processes and implementing improvements to create a highly effective recruitment function.
Challenge and creativity / decision making
Develop strategies and solutions to address complex and challenging recruitment needs, considering ways to approach the market and attract the right candidates, and influencing managers to ensure the best outcome is reached.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong recruitment experience in an in-house or RPO role, managing end to end recruitment campaigns at a variety of levels.
- Adept at developing and implementing proactive and innovative sourcing strategies.
- Strong project management capabilities, good judgment, and excellent communication.
- Good understanding of assessment and psychometric tools.
- Strong ability to develop consultative relationships with individuals and managers at all levels.
- Experience challenging constructively and influencing in a matrix environment.
- Ability to delegate work effectively and develop junior team members.
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritise.
- Experience of working in a professional services firm is desirable.
- Experience working with recruitment systems – Taleo would be an advantage.
Competencies and behaviours
- Strong client focus and drive to deliver a high quality service.