Job title: Project planner-manager - 12 month contract
Office location: London
Total reward package: Competitive
Hay Group employees all have something in common – they don’t believe in average, or ‘good enough’. They shake things up, question everything, and push themselves and others. We’re looking for the best people to join our team.
The job for you?
This is a newly created position, the Project/planning manager will be a member of the Global Transformation Office of Hay Group. This is a newly formed group who will be responsible for Hay Group remaining focused on the critical actions to deliver the strategy and translate the strategy into a clear path forward.
There is a need for a Project/Planning Manager to assist with programme planning and ongoing running of the governance and programme tracking, providing support to the global workstream leads to deliver the overall programme. The workstreams are complex interlinked global internal changes to meet the overall strategy.
The core purpose of the role will be to create and maintain the overall programme plan, maintain PMO process and manage specific global workstreams, ensuing that whole of Hay Group are kept informed throughout and that deadlines are met.
At Hay Group, you’ll work in a professional, client-focused environment. But we’re flexible. We don’t stand on ceremony, and you’ll never have to go through layers of management to get things done. Our people work hard, and we judge them by how well they do their job – not how late they sit at their desk. In a recent survey, our people told us, “the more you give, the more you get back”. Recognising and rewarding our people is our side of the bargain.
- To gather the data on the different streams, intensively interacting with the project leaders in order to create and maintain the overall transformation programme plan with detailed tasks and timelines, showing interdependencies and identifying risks and resource constraints & populating the transformation scorecards for reports
- Design and maintain programme roadmap based on the status updates which provide a clear way to keep track of the status of aspects of the Transformation and change projects
- Track the status of all transformation and projects based on updates from the project managers on a bi-weekly basis or timeline as agreed
- Standardise and consolidate the updates and prepare regular management updates
- Update actions log and distribute it to the programme leadership team
- Challenge progress against action list, assisting the team with mitigation plans
- Identify and manage risks, putting in place appropriate contingency actions
- Operationally run the regular calls capturing key actions for the project leads as required
- Create and manage lessons learnt logs
- Support the design and lead the maintenance of status reports, management dashboards, key metrics and communication cascades to the project team
- Input into workstream definitions including reviewing workstream plans and project design
- Motivate and advisor to the project teams to support project progress
- To assist in the design of a common set of practices, principles and templates for the governance of the overall transformation programme
- Responsible for ensuring quality of the transformation office processes
- Point of contact for any ad-hoc project related queries within the Transformation
- Analysing data to determine Value Realisation Benefits
- Develop & maintain the SharePoint site and liaise with the developers as required to implement major changes
This is equivalent to large complex projects for major clients with typical sales value of over £200K. This is an internal programme with multiple workstreams spanning across all the countries in which the Hay group operate.
There will be no direct management of teams, all project teams will be business led with a dotted line to the transformation office for maintaining the overall programme progress
Impact and influence
- This role will influence transformation team and indirectly the leadership and project leaders globally
- This role involves project management, supporting senior manager who are leading on the workstreams on behalf of the leadership team
- Decision making responsibility/authority is on a project-by-project basis.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Global Mindset and focused on supporting change
- Experience and confident with virtual/remote working
- 3-5 years experience working in a Project/Planning or PMO area on a large global change programme
- Experience of managing global, complex change projects across timezones
- Ability to design automated templates, scorecards and tracking systems and set PMO standards e.g. dashboards, status reports, risk logs etc
- Strong documentation management standards and version control
- Ability to manage large volumes of complex information and distil into actionable plans , whilst maintaining precision and detail
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to hold informed and credible discussions with senior managers and consultants at all levels to challenge positively as required
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sourcing including upper management and all functions
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to identify and solve problems to be addressed and provide guidance to solutions using innovative approaches
- Highly motivated, proactive individual with a strong customer service ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional, credible and confident style
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong team player with an adaptable and flexible approach
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating style
- Able to proactively and effectively manage own time
- Take accountability and drive change through building good relationships
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills; particularly Excel, Project and PowerPoint (SharePoint ideal too)
- PRINCE2 foundation status (or considerable experience of working in this way)
- Fluency in English is essential and a second language is an advantage but not essential
Key relationships / customers
- Other members of the transformation team
- All the project leads for the transformation workstreams
- Leadership team of Hay Group
- All agents of change and workstream participants
- Knowledge Management team for SharePoint
- Global and local internal marketing for communications
- Internal central support departments (Finance, IT, HR, etc)
- The interpersonal skills and relationship building is paramount to the success of this person/role, the updates and progress of the progress will be managed and maintained by excellent relationships and flexibility of approach, not process alone.
- This role will operate virtually both to the project team and the transformation team, the person must be able to work in such a virtual environment with team members at a distance.