Job title: Project assistant
Office location: London
Total reward package: Competitive
Hay Group employees all have something in common – they don’t believe in average, or ‘good enough’. They shake things up, question everything, and push themselves and others. We’re looking for the best people to join our team.
The job for you?
At Hay Group, you’ll work in a professional, client-focused environment. But we’re flexible. We don’t stand on ceremony, and you’ll never have to go through layers of management to get things done. Our people work hard, and we judge them by how well they do their job – not how late they sit at their desk. In a recent survey, our people told us, “the more you give, the more you get back”. Recognising and rewarding our people is our side of the bargain.
Hay Group is a global management consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. We develop talent, organise people to be more effective and motivate them to perform at their best. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organisations realise their potential.
To work with the programme director/manager to plan, direct and deliver external client work to achieve project goals, assuring quality, managing risk and providing value.
- Support the programme manager around the life cycle of an assigned project (both internal and external) in respect of scoping the project; co-ordinating project team objectives in line with Hay Group’s project management governance standards
- Support the programme manager in the design and implementation of project plans that clearly outline deliverables, accountabilities and milestones. Alongside the programme manager, revise as appropriate to meet changing project needs and requirements; track progress against the project plan including the appropriate quality checks
- Proactively update project stakeholders with relevant information and project progress
- Identify risks and opportunities in the projects and escalate these to the programme manager
- Liaise with the programme manager and resourcing manager to make sure the project is appropriately resourced
- Organise and attend project meetings:
- Work with the programme manager to create the agenda
- Arrange meeting logistics
- Ensure the attendance of key members of the project team
- Capture actions and follow these up after the meeting
- Support the programme manager to ensure the project is compliant with Hay Group standards, client contracts are signed. Maintain version control of products (reports, materials etc) and that key documentation is accessible and filed appropriately
- Maintain and update appropriate databases (eg k-drive, global gateway) with all relevant information
- Carry out project related general administration including arranging multiple or complex travel requests, formatting documents, typing up flipcharts and preparing project materials
- Support the logistics for projects, workshops and events
- Where necessary liaise with the central support team to co-ordinate project materials
- Conduct project related research on request, accessing available support internally and externally for example using Hay Group’s knowledge information systems, the FT
- Facilitate lessons learnt sessions to feed into new projects and back to Hay Group
- Support the programme manager to ensure that they are adhering to the commercial process: forecasting, recognising revenue and invoicing in accordance with the client contract
- Work with consultants to ensure they are entering expenses in a timely manner to support the invoicing process
- Raise invoices and follow up on payment, maintain the debtor tracker
- Escalate any payment issues with the programme manager for follow up with the client
- Enter time and activities in HayTime in accordance with Consulting standards
Consultants directly responsible for: 0
Financial Responsibility: ensure HayTime, revenue recording, forecasting is completed in line with Consulting standards
Keep days receivable outstanding under 45 days
Impact and influence
The project assistant is expected to proactively support the project team; working with them to understand client priorities and objectives and effectively support the business to achieve those goals.
The project assistant takes an active interest; they contribute by attending meetings, sharing knowledge and being a key point of contact. They understand the importance of building relationships with clients, both internal and external.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Administrative experience with a track record of sustained success in a client focused services environment
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) to be able to manipulate data and produce reports
- Principles of project management
- Confidence to push back and hold their own
- Effective oral and written communication
- General understanding of Customer Relationship Management principles
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent and in possession of good grades in English and Maths
- Prince 2 qualification would be advantageous
Candidates will need to be flexible on travel as some travel will be involved with this role