Job title: Project administrator
Office location: London
Total reward package: Competitive
Hay Group employees all have something in common – they don’t believe in average, or ‘good enough’. They shake things up, question everything, and push themselves and others. We’re looking for the best people to join our team.
The job for you?
At Hay Group, you’ll work in a professional, client-focused environment. But we’re flexible. We don’t stand on ceremony, and you’ll never have to go through layers of management to get things done. Our people work hard, and we judge them by how well they do their job – not how late they sit at their desk. In a recent survey, our people told us, “the more you give, the more you get back”. Recognising and rewarding our people is our side of the bargain.
Hay Group is a global management consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. We develop talent, organise people to be more effective and motivate them to perform at their best. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organisations realise their potential.
To provide support to the programme director/manager and project assistant with the creation, amendment and collation of documents.
- Production of training materials
- Create and amend documents in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Branding and formatting of documentation to Hay Group’s house-style
- Printing and binding
- Update and maintain relevant internal databases and systems to ensure they are up-to-date and fit-for-purpose
Impact and influence
The project administrator is expected to proactively support the whole project team by taking an active interest in the activities of the group and their contribution towards the overall goals.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- The individual must possess good typing skills with demonstrable experience using the Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) at an intermediate level
- Previous experience in an office environment
- Should be educated to GCSE level or equivalent and in possession of good grades in English and Maths
- A relevant qualification may be advantageous
Key relationships / customers
Programme director and programme manager
Other project administrators
- Presentation: typing should be accurate, well presented with particular attention to detail: spelling, consistency and formatted to Hay Group standards with the ability to be creative.
- Oral and written communication: has the ability and professionalism to convey information clearly and concisely.
- Assertiveness: has the ability to manage the expectations of consultants when under pressure.
- Initiative: requires some supervision, but seeks support from the group administrator when necessary rather than sitting on work issues. Identifies problem situations quickly and deals with these via the group administrator or senior assistants.
- Credibility: has gained the respect from the team and seen as reliable, trustworthy and capable of performing the role.
- Professionalism and confidentiality: confidential individual who can deal with people at all levels. Demonstrates appropriate verbal and non-verbal behaviour with consultants and senior assistants, adapting style where necessary – respectful, polite, confident, resilient.
- Adaptability: has the flexibility to adapt to the needs of the business as and when required.
- Teamwork: actively fosters a good working environment with consultants; administrators, senior assistants and support functions within Hay Group.
- Organisation and planning: has the aptitude to prioritise, plan and organise workloads displaying an ability to manage expectations and deadlines placed upon them from both consultants and senior assistants.
- Motivation: enthusiastic and supportive; has the ability to maintain concentration on what may appear to be laborious tasks, however, understands that their accurate completion is essential.
- Empathy: has tact, diplomacy and understanding to deal with the varying needs of others.
Candidates will need to be flexible on travel as some travel will be involved with this role