Job title: Marketing executive - (6-12 month contract)
Total reward package: Competitive
Hay Group is a global consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. We develop talent, organize people to be more effective and motivate them to perform at their best. We work with over 7,000 clients around the world. Our clients are from private, public and not-for-profit sectors, across every major industry and represent diverse business challenges. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organizations realise their potential.
The job for you?
Hay Group is seeking a marketing executive to join our global PDS team which is a new global business being set up to provide services to the HR community in mid size and large scale local and international organisations. The services will extend across leadership development, talent assessment and work measurement in the first stages.
The global PDS marketing team will work with marketing teams in local counties to ensure that global campaigns are implemented efficiently at a local level.
The individual will play a key role in helping ensure the efficient implementation of the global PDS marketing activities. The executive will help produce global marketing materials and project manage campaigns including in the short term the division’s internal and external launch plans. This is not an external client facing role but this role does have a strong emphasis on external communications and digital marketing.
- Digital marketing
- Managing PDS content on www.haygroup.com
- Leveraging PDS communications using social media channels
- Managing LinkedIn advertising campaigns
- Point person between global PDS team and corporate social media team
- Monitoring analytics and reporting on the digital success of campaigns
- Keeping the team up to date on social media and digital marketing trends
- Tracking assessment/talent/reward conversations online and identifying opportunities in this space
- Producing social media cheat sheets and toolkits for local marketing teams.
- Communicating with stakeholders within the business to collect feedback and input on projects
- Liaising with agencies and other suppliers to get cost estimates / timelines / progress updates
- Drafting and maintaining project plans
- Working with the global head of marketing for PDS to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Project management support for global market research/testing
Marketing and business development responsibilities
- Drafting external communications content for emails, webinars, presentations, blog posts
- Proof-reading of PDS content and collateral
- Production and distribution of external marketing materials
- Supporting priority market marketing teams in taking global campaigns out to market
- Working with the global head of marketing for PDS to deliver PR campaigns
- Acting as liaison between the team and external agencies
- Organizing external webinars
- Support in the conducting of market / competitor research
- In-house design work, sourcing images, liaising with external design agencies
- Helping to build a portfolio of best-in-class case studies for internal and external use
- Contact list management.
This role is not a budget holder and has no direct reports.
Impact and influence
- Support global managing director of PDS and global PDS marketing team as required to ensure the efficient delivery of the marketing plan
- Develop relationships with local country marketing teams
- Coordinate PDS projects with wider global marketing team and global knowledge management team
- Assist in the management of projects with external suppliers and key stakeholders
- Most communications will be via email and telephone.
The successful candidate will have at least two years marketing experience and be looking to progress in a new role with a strong external communications and digital marketing focus.
We’re looking for a candidate that is:
- Able and willing to work as part of a small team and contribute to a positive team dynamic
- Conscientious, reliable and highly efficient
- Empathetic, personable and socially aware
- Happy to take responsibility for projects that are appropriate to the level of the role
- Intelligent and able to proactively look for ways to support the team effectively
- Resilient and able to work effectively with people at all levels
- Willing to take direction from senior team members.
Skills and experience
- Previous marketing experience, ideally in a professional services environment
- High level of written and spoken English
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent proof-reading skills
- Proven project management capability
- Previous experience using web content management software
- Competent in the use of digital marketing / social media channels
- Familiarity with design software (Microsoft Elements, Photoshop, Adobe, InDesign)
- Experience of producing podcasts, webinars, or infographics would be advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Degree level qualification
- Languages are an advantage.
Key relationships / customers
- PDS Priority market implementation team
- Global productized services marketing
- Global, regional and local marketing teams
- Global knowledge management team
- Wider PDS team
- External suppliers – printers / designers / copywriters.