Account service manager
Job title: Account service manager
Office location: London
Total reward package: Competitive
Hay Group is a global consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. We develop talent, organise people to be more effective and motivate them to perform at their best. We work with over 7,000 clients around the world. Our clients are from private, public and not-for-profit sectors, across every major industry and represent diverse business challenges. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organizations realise their potential.
At Hay Group, you’ll work in a professional, client-focused environment. But we’re flexible. We don’t stand on ceremony, and you’ll never have to go through layers of management to get things done. Our people work hard, and we judge them by how well they do their job – not how late they sit at their desk. In a recent survey, our people told us, “the more you give, the more you get back”. Recognising and rewarding our people is our side of the bargain.
The job for you?
Hay Group is seeking an account service manager to join our Productized Services team, which provides a range of (online) tools supporting recurring HR processes in the domains of Pay, Talent and Effectiveness. Our Global Productised Services (PS) business generates $130 million worldwide. The UK business is the second largest division within PS globally. It generates $13m in revenues.
This role ensures that the account service and delivery (ASD) team delivers excellent customer service to internal and external clients. The account service manager takes a long term view of resourcing and ensures project management and resourcing is appropriately distributed in the team. They manage and develop their team to improve the quality and depth of databases and provide on time, quality delivery to internal and external clients across pay and talent. This role is accountable for the QA of the team’s work and is also expected to manage complex delivery projects.
- Develops excellent client service skills in the team.
- Builds relationships and provides excellent and proactive customer service to internal and external clients.
- Supports team to handle tricky conversations with clients advising on how to resolve any issues.
- Participates in business planning along with the business leaders for team resourcing.
- Provides regular communication on team progress/activities.
- Effectively plans and resources projects to ensure optimum team utilisation.
- Delivers high quality, complex work that meets and exceeds client expectations to direct or indirect clients.
- Is responsible for the QA of team deliverables.
- Supports team to deliver high quality work to clients.
Work processes, policies, procedures, quality assurance, and compliance
- Monitors and assesses existing work processes, implementing any necessary changes to ensure both continuous improvement in team effectiveness and delivery standards and that levels of capability, compliance and understanding are aligned to global standards.
- Ensures global compliance .
- Works closely and flexibly with PS team members, consultants and the GMPC to ensure best outcome for clients, projects and the database.
- Ensure that the right work is completed in the right part of the business.
People and performance management
- Conducts regular meetings with direct reports to ensure high standards, address performance and behavioural issues, and recognise outstanding performance.
- Determines annual objectives for direct reports, along with the head of account service and delivery, that are consistent across the team, ensuring the team is engaged and enabled.
- Works with direct reports, and the head of account service and delivery to identify skills or experience gaps and development opportunities.
- Team climate
- Timely/quality team deliverables
- Timely/quality processing
- Excellent customer service
- Deliver quality work/projects
- Customised analysis
Impact and influence
- This is a managerial role with six direct reports and direct accountability for the training and development of individuals in the team.
- The role will have significant impact on the customer service experience and timely delivery of quality PS standard products and services.
- The job holder will develop in depth knowledge of internal processes and best practices to ensure high quality delivery to clients within the remit of team deliverables.
- The role holder will be expected to review/refine own team processes to ensure efficiency and team utilisation.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- People management or supervisory responsibilities would be an advantage.
- Significant exposure to process and project management activities.
- Proven interpersonal skills, to establish effective relationships with colleagues.
- Preferable to have in depth knowledge of Hay Group products and services and core methodologies.
- Experience of working in a high volume delivery team, managing multiple and competing priorities.
- Numerate: able to understand, use, communicate and interpret statistical information.
- Strong customer service focus.
Key relationships / customers
- Head of account service and delivery
- External clients
- Business leaders
- Account managers