Position title: Account manager
Office location: London
Total reward package: Competitive
Hay Group is a global management consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. We develop talent, organise people to be more effective and motivate them to perform at their best. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organisations realise their potential. We have over 2600 employees working in 85 offices in 47 countries. Our clients are from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, across every major industry.
At Hay Group, you’ll work in a professional, client-focused environment. But we’re also an energetic and flexible team. We don’t stand on ceremony, and you’ll never have to go through layers of management to get things done. Our people work hard, and we judge them by how well they do their job – not how late they sit at their desk. In a recent survey, our people told us, “the more you give, the more you get back”. Recognising, rewarding and allowing our people to flourish is our side of the bargain.
The job for you?
Hay Group is looking to recruit an account manager to work with a number of clients on a range of innovative HR projects. You will need to be passionate about building relationships with individuals and getting to know their organisation. You will become a trusted advisor on how Hay Group can help their organisation be more effective. This role is not just solely about managing clients but also servicing and growing our clients. You will need to help develop the relationship by working alongside them around their own challenges. This role is based in the “On Demand” part of Hay Group which provides online diagnostic services around reward, leadership, talent management and employee engagement. We have also recently developed some pioneering new smartphone apps. You can read more about our market-leading systems and services here
To be successful in this role you’ll likely have:
- Proactivity, great time management and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong numerical and analytical skills (skills around managing / interpreting data a distinct advantage)
- Great customer-facing presentation / communication skills
- Team working / relationship management skills
- A passion for people and work
The Account Manager role is about delivering great work for clients and building / maintaining client relationships that deliver profitable renewal and yield business. The Account Manager focuses on understanding the client and their challenges, and then using their knowledge of our products and services to find solutions. Our products/services focus on recurring HR processes that assist clients in:
- Attracting the right talent,
- Assessing applicants consistently and effectively,
- Presenting an appropriate offer to prospective employees,
- Assessing employee performance and potential,
- Developing employees for promotion, and
- Ensuring equitable and competitive rewards throughout their career
Primary accountabilities include:
- Account planning: Responsible for end to end account planning including research, documentation, account planning and internal coordination across Hay Group to ensure that each account has a clear and actionable plan that best meets the client’s needs
- Maintaining renewal business and growing yield business: Maintains and grows revenue streams from assigned client accounts by developing and maintaining multiple relationships (including. line managers, HR managers, and reward specialists) with the client and leveraging Hay Group internal resources (i.e. Management Consultants) to ensure maximum revenues generation over the long term
- Managing delivery of products and services: You’ll develop into a technical expert – being able to support other colleagues and senior stakeholders in the scoping and delivery of client projects. You’ll ensure that clients receive products and services to agreed standards of quality and on time by effectively managing and monitoring the process.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a similar field (commercial Account Management or HR services / delivery).
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office particularly MS Excel
- High level of professionalism and reliable
- Business insight and commercial awareness