Major Projects – Advisory Manager
Service Line Information
Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.Forensic - Using specialist accounting, investigation and business skills in assisting clients involved in commercial or regulatory disputes or in the investigation of fraud and impropriety. Working in the team will mean getting involved in a broad range of projects, i.e. Fraud investigations, and tracing assets.
Role and ResponsibilitiesOur MPA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education.This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities. We are looking for an accredited member of AcostE/ICEAA or equivalent with at least 10 years practical Cost Engineering experience in the Defence/Aerospace/Oil & Gas/Manufacturing industries.In addition to the above it would be advantageous for the candidate to have some experience in one of the following areas:
- Dispute Advisory or Expert Witness
- Project Governance and Risk Management
- Performance and Efficiency Improvement
- Programme and Project Management either in an advisory or delivery role.
- Troubled Project reviews.
It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.
The services we provide in relation to major capital expenditure projects include:
Review of Projects and Programme Controls
Assurance and Monitoring
Performance and Efficiency Improvement
Contractor Cost Reviews.
Troubled Project Reviews.
As a Manager in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for:
- Helping to manage the day to day relationship with key client contacts, ensuring our service is responsive to their needs.
- Managing the delivery of work to clients within your specialist areas to appropriate quality standards
- Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis.
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Ensuring a high standard of delivery of your skills.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with specific (technical) developments affecting your work.
- Business development:
- identifying potential opportunities for new assignments where KPMG can help clients
- helping to convert opportunities for new assignments
- helping where there is an opportunity to add value and to meet a client need, to gain extensions to existing assignments
- assisting on proposals and other business development initiatives.
- Coaching and mentoring other staff.
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
Qualifications and Skills
The candidate will have an engineering degree and be an accredited member of a relevant cost engineering body (AcostE, ICEAA or equivalent) with a good mix of experience in relevant roles on major projects in the Defence/Aerospace/Oil & Gas/Manufacturing industries.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills.
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Significant PQE Experience
Applying with a Disabilit
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our policy.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy