Unstructured Analytics - Analyst
Service Line Information
Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.Technology - Our clients need to deal effectively with technology related risks and derive maximum value from data and documentation. Our specialists provide independent, jargon free advice and advanced technology capabilities to help our clients proactively manage their technology risks and use their data to its full potential.
Working within KPMG's FS Data Insight team this new role involves a varied combination of technical skills, client contact, business development and project management.The FS Data Insight Services team sits within KPMG Risk & Compliance function and is a facility that brings together analytics specialists, hardware and software to provide a unique facility that allows customers to commission one-off pieces of analytics work, proofs of concept or ongoing data oriented managed services. It represents a critical component to KPMG's growth strategy and is where much of the innovative early thinking takes place on fraud detection and other data driven projects.The work is highly varied, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to enhance and take their skills to the next level by gaining strong consulting and business experience whilst developing their ability to manage work streams, projects and budgets.
ResponsibilitiesProviding advisory services using your hands-on technical capability of working with large data sets including data manipulation, data cleansing, querying and analysis.
- Balancing quality of service, timeliness and cost when delivering on projects.
- Articulating the Unstructured Analytics propositions to clients and internal staff, acting as a champion for the Unstructured Analytics team across the firm.
- Playing a role in business development initiatives, including bid proposal and contract / proposition development, commercial management and building and maintaining clients’ relationships.
Qualifications and Skills
This exciting role will fully utilise the candidate’s technical data skills and apply it to unstructured data sources such as voice, email, instant messaging and social media data. Strong technical skills are essential, as candidates will be expected to develop solutions and build propositions either individually or as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a number of the following skill sets and experience:
- Designing and reviewing data layouts or visual dashboards ensuring that they are fit for a purpose.
- Performing data quality, process and code reviews - manipulating and cleaning large data sets to ensure that data meets standards and objectives, is complete and accurate.
- Ability to resolve any data strategy issues concerning quality, consistency and growth across unstructured data sources.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identifying patterns within data and building statistical models to generate business insight and prediction.
- Understanding of statistical models and techniques
- Degree-equivalent level in a Information Technology/Computing/ Engineering discipline
Experience and Background
Experience in and understanding of any of the following:
- Statistical modelling software (SAS, R, Alteryx)
- Database administration and/or SQL scripting (Oracle, SQL Server)
- No-SQL technologies (Hadoop, MongoDB)
- Dashboarding/visualisation software (Tableau, Qlikview)
- Development languages (C++, C#, VB, Java, etc)
- EDiscovery tools (Nuix, Relativity, Tunnelvision, and LAW).
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis)
- Any accounting (especially audit) experience ERP systems knowledge e.g. SAP, JDEdwards and Oracle Prior
- Financial Services experience is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical analysis to a non technical audience
- Tenacious and problem solving attitude, particularly when helping Clients obtain the data required.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of The Employers' Forum on Disability we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
There is a good reason why KPMG consistently features in the Top 10 of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for! It's not just the exceptional training, market leading career opportunities and flexible work arrangements that we offer; we value diverse opinions and backgrounds and create an environment that combines your commitments outside of work with your career potential.But, don't take our word for it, Industry Awards and Recognition page
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy