Senior IM/BI Consultant
We are recruiting technical consultants with strong academic and technology background who wish to develop their career in advising clients and delivering solutions in the Information Management/Business Intelligence/Analytics realm. They will be able to direct teams and work on both business and technology-focused clients programmes.
Core Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Gaining the status of trusted advisor with the client, leading delivery of complex projects and providing advice/guidance to various projects in different implementation phases
- Work with the business to design an application/enterprise level architecture that will help them advance strategic objectives
- Working with the client’s data, business information and related teams to analyse, design and manage delivery of Information Management/Business Intelligence/Analytics solutions, organisations, processes and systems
- Leading work-streams by managing BearingPoint/client team members with accountability for quality delivery, and day-to-day client relationship management
- Scoping and leading new business development opportunities with new or existing clients
- Able to interpret business requirements and translate these in terms of data model, architecture, database and data warehouse technology, and governance
- Developing and implementing Business Intelligence solutions involving Data Warehouse, and Data Marts
- Experience working with structured and unstructured datasets and Big Data environments
- Knowledge of three or more of the following technology solutions: Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Enterprise Content Management, CRM, Knowledge Management, Master Data Management
- Experience of technologies that support Business Intelligence, Data Integration and Data Warehousing, especially Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau, MS SSAS, Teradata, Oracle DW, Erwin or Informatica
- Working knowledge of Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop
- Experience in using advanced data visualization tools
- Experience and knowledge of complex integration issues and technologies.
- Experienced the challenges of operating in a multi-channel environment and how BI capabilities have a critical role in the digital world
- Production and maintenance of high quality documentation that supports the needs of other project functions such asAdvanced knowledge in Microsoft Tools to aid day-to-day business activities: Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Typically, candidates will have a strong business information systems background at University and/or Post Graduate level
- They will typically bring over five to eight years’ experience of technical project delivery working within a recognised consulting firm and /or client company
- Working with FTSE-100/250 or equivalent-sized organisations in UK, with sector experience in Financial Services, Utilities, Telco, Automotive or Oil & Gas, but have the ability to work across sectors
- The candidate should be used to working in a team and unsupervised, able to learn new technologies quickly and develop solutions whilst working closely with the end users and client stake holders
- You should be based within commuting distance of London. Since our projects are both national and international you must be willing to travel
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients, whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us. We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets in order to tailor solutions for each client's individual challenges. This adaptive approach is at the heart of our culture and had led to long-standing relationships with many of the world's leading companies and organisations. Our 3500 people, together with our global consulting network serve clients in more than 70 countries and engage with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.