Technical Project Manager
At BearingPoint, we are growing quickly. We are working with a wide range of clients, on a number of complex projects that are transforming the way business is being done in the UK. We are currently looking seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager with a strong track record delivering technical change in a large organisation. The successful candidate will report to projects competency lead and will work on client project engagements.
- Works with relevant stakeholders, ensures road map preparation and on-time execution
- Provides leadership, motivation, support and direction to project members/teams
- Defines and deliver projects ensuring they are conducted professionally and delivered according to agreed business objectives, schedules and agreed budget
- Manages third party delivery partners, onsite, near-shore, offshore and onshore
- Liaises with the clients commercial teams and other third party agencies
- Plans, directs, controls, monitors and reports work on a project basis, ensuring that this work is defined, controlled and delivered as agreed
- Manages all of the financial and reporting aspects of all projects under his/her control
Skills and Experience required:
- 5+ year’s experience in the planning and delivery of complex technical projects in a demanding environment, 10+ years in IT
- Strong technical, development background
- Proven track record in the on-time, on-budget delivery of projects within the software development, systems integration and/or IT services industries
- Strong skills in the planning, organisation, scheduling, problem solving and the resolution of conflicting priorities. This is not a passive role and will require active participation in the delivery process
- Good leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to interact up to senior management and executive level
- Experience of managing and motivating teams of 5+ individuals
- Experience in applying formal methodologies (PMI, Prince2, XP, RAD, etc.)
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle and a track record in the delivery of complex software integration solutions
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients, whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us. We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets in order to tailor solutions for each client's individual challenges. This adaptive approach is at the heart of our culture and had led to long-standing relationships with many of the world's leading companies and organisations. Our 3500 people, together with our global consulting network serve clients in more than 70 countries and engage with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.