Fraud and Financial Crime Risk Management Consultant
Accenture Management Consulting: Risk Management
Accenture’s Risk Management team provides Management Consultancy and delivery capabilities to the top global financial institutions. Our proposition is to deliver both “Thought Leadership” and delivery excellence through our industry specific specialist skills and expertise in delivering change across complex businesses. Successful candidates will work across a range of consulting engagements in their career with Accenture.
Fraud and Financial Crime Risk Management has become more important in the recent years from both a regulatory and reputational perspective. Accenture has observed an increasing demand for teams to analyse the components of the operating model (people, process, systems) supporting the prevention and detection of fraud and financial crime.
Accenture is continuing to build a strong team to help our clients reinvent their businesses to be more profitable and sustainable in the new regulatory environment. Accenture is looking for people with a combination of programme / project management skills with relevant business domain knowledge to operate as ‘consultants’.
Summary Of The Role
As part of Accenture’s Risk Management practice, candidates for the Liquidity / Capital Management Consultant position must have a good understanding of the challenges within Banking specifically related to the processes, data and MI required to manage liquidity and/or capital. Candidates must be able to apply their experience within a consulting environment.
At consultant grade candidates will be required to work within project teams at client sites and take ownership of packages of work with minimal supervision. Candidates should have experience of leading teams of business analysts and be able to structure the work of others. Successful candidates are expected to have had proven experience in working in a delivery or change environment and have an appreciation of the challenges to deliver Risk Management or Fraud and Financial Crime Prevention related projects.
Candidates will be required to have:
- Solid, proven experience within financial services.
- A proven track record of delivering Fraud and Financial Crime change projects within financial services.
- A demonstrable understanding of how AML Compliance, Transaction Monitoring, KYC/ CDD and/or Fraud Management functions work inRetail/Investment/Corporate Banks.
- A demonstrable understanding of how Insurance companies prevent and detect fraud.
- An understanding of the impacts of regulation and/or recent changes in the business environment.
Candidates will be required to:
- Work as part of a team on complex Fraud and Financial Crime change projects within financial services whilst helping to shape the work of junior analysts.
- Demonstrate credibility with clients in the context of Risk Management, Liquidity and/or Capital Management with the ability to represent Accenture’s capability in addressing industry challenges in this area.
- Work in a client facing environment in delivering change through executing activities such as requirements definition, gap analysis and working with clients to design and deliver solutions.
Required Core and Specialist Skills
Candidates looking will need to demonstrate a set of Core and Specialist skills. The characteristics and skills of suitable candidates are illustrated below:
Banking Industry Expertise
- Significant experience working within the sector with an understanding of the key drivers for change within banking in the current economic and political environment.
- An understanding of how AML Compliance, Transaction Monitoring, KYC/CDD, and/or Fraud Management functions work in Retail/Investment/Corporate Banks, as well as the challenges and developments that impact these functions of a bank.
- An understanding of how Insurance companies prevent and detect fraud.
- An understanding of the impacts of regulation and/or recent changes in the business environment impact AML, sanctions compliance, financial crime prevention and/or fraud management.
- A good understanding of key processes, operating models, systems, data and analytics employed in fraud and financial crime prevention and detection.
Ability To Lead Analysis And Work Within Complex Programmes of Change
- Be able to demonstrate a hands on understanding the key challenges driving the change strategy agenda within Risk/Treasury/Finance. This should include the impacts on processes, operating models, data management and business/technology changes.
- Have a proven track record of working within complex banking change initiatives by leading workstreams and owning specific project deliverables. Candidates must be able to demonstrate shaping their deliverables and clear ownership and accountability for delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the complete project lifecycle and be able to provide evidence of leading one or more significant stages within a complex change project. Candidates will be required to articulate the shaping, delivery and reporting of complex pieces of work that they have managed.
- Have the appropriate knowledge, assertiveness and client skills in order to engage with client SME’s and team leaders.
- Proven ability to distil key facts from multiple sources where there is either too much or too little information and appropriately convey a structured approach for a team to deliver towards.
- Ability synthesise appropriate ideas and actions to move forwards and demonstrate the skills of communicating this in a succinct, clear and structured manner.
- Able to demonstrate the key skills required in identifying challenges within a business and working with clients in articulating them through clear written or verbal communication.
- Ability to facilitate discussions, analysis processes, de-construction problems, prioritise issues and categorise challenges within a client project environment