Media & Entertainment Consulting Manager
Welcome to Accenture, one of the world's leading providers of management consultancy services where high performance is a minimum requirement, not just an ideal.
Management consulting is at the heart of Accenture's promise to its clients – High Performance, Delivered. Utilising a unique framework that helps drive our clients on their path to high performance, our management consultants use their expertise and critical thinking skills to help determine where our clients are on their journey and design realistic, achievable strategies that address their key business priorities.
The Communications, Media & Technology (CMT) Operating Group supports the Communications, Electronics and High Tech, and Media and Entertainment (M&E) industries. ccenture works with a wide range of M&E clients – spanning broadcasting, publishing, music, gaming & gambling, and Internet & social – who have challenging issues to tackle by offering unmatched industry knowledge, client experiences, strategic alliances, proprietary assets and subject matter experts to best serve clients and accelerate growth.
Key features of the role:
The M&E industries are evolving at an unprecedented rate and clients are facing tough challenges to innovate and stay ahead of the market. We help our clients to navigate these turbulent waters, providing best-of-breed industry solutions to their problems from across Accenture’s diverse portfolio of services. Our people, in addition to being highly knowledgeable about the M&E industries, typically have a specialist skill set in areas such as Strategy, Talent and Organisation, Finance and Performance Management, Process and Operations, and Digital. We work very closely with our colleagues in Accenture’s Strategy, Digital, Technology, Operations Growth Platforms and the rest of the CMT Operating Group.
Accenture is currently seeking a number of resources at Manager and Senior Manager level with consulting expertise to lead Accenture teams for M&E clients.
Key responsibilities may include:
In this role, you will be expected to manage and address client challenges relating to organisational change, process transformation and digital operating models.
Typically you will use your experience to:
- Develop ongoing relationships with senior clients and originate and shape new work
- Conduct assessments and diagnose issues and challenges facing our clients
- Manage teams of Accenture resources to deliver projects and outcomes using Accenture best practice principles, thought leadership, methodologies and solutions
- Articulate recommendations to clients and drive recommendations through into delivery to add meaningful value to their business
- Identify and plan opportunities to help clients capture new growth opportunities
- Assist with internal development of best practices and assets
You will be challenged by:
- Diversity of client base and wealth of scenarios
- Working across multiple geographic locations, workforces and key stakeholder groups
- Teaming with high calibre Accenture colleagues in day to day activities
- Access and opportunity to leverage our global network of change management professionals to strengthen client propositions and recommendations
- Contributing to our next generation of assets
- Working in one of the most innovative, and fastest growing, areas of the company