Senior Manager Capital Markets Operations Excellence
The OE Capital Markets Practice helps clients improve their efficiency, effectiveness and control associated with operating in the traded markets.
Using sophisticated tools and methodologies, the Deloitte Capital Markets team plays an active role in the design and delivery of operating modules for transformation programs, preparation of new processes and / or business requirements for front office, product control, risk management, middle-, back-office and compliance functions for investment banks and capital markets entities.
Benefiting from direct client exposure and working with and learning from some of the top practitioners in our field, you will be given the opportunity to develop quickly, add real value for our clients and build credibility in the industry from an early stage.
You will be working closely alongside the Directors and Partners and have the opportunity to learn from the best in the business and also help recruit the best people, coach and support them whilst driving activity such as proposition development and marketing.
To be successful in this role of working on complex and challenging projects, you will need to focus on the operations of trading activities across the full trade life cycle as well as understand client needs and translate them into feasible solutions aligned with the banks’ overall strategy.
You will be a subject matter expert leading multiple, high-profile projects and bids, whilst developing innovative thought leadership.
Assignments will be focused across the full spectrum of the capital markets industry and will include:
- Operating model design and delivery
- Process Transformation
- Cost Reduction
- Risk and Regulation
- Business process strategy and redesign
- Product control
- Front to back trading
- Market infrastructure
You will have responsibility for:
- Project focus around capital markets, from sales and marketing through to defining key functional processes including finance, risk and regulatory management.
- General process performance (efficiency, error / waste elimination, re-engineering etc.
- Technology transformation support - business process and organisation re-design around a large systems migration.
- Understanding and anticipating client needs based on a strong understanding of insurance services and their associated processes.
- Guiding teams in selecting and applying the most appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to deliver client work.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Knowledge of investment banking and capital market instruments such as OTC Derivatives, Bonds, Futures and money market
- Knowledge of front, middle or back office processes in the major capital market participants including investment banking, market infrastructure, custodians, hedge funds etc.
- Proven experience of leading successful teams and managing large engagements on time and within budget
- Strong business development and client management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Full travel mobility
About the Consulting Service Line
Our Consulting practice advises on a broad range of issues, from strategy through to implementation. Deep industry expertise in a number of key market segments in both the private and public sectors ensures that the advice we provide to clients is tailored to that particular sector’s needs. From defining the initial strategy to planning its development and implementing its outcome, Deloitte’s Consulting practice delivers end-to-end solutions to help our clients maximise their commercial potential.
Consulting is comprised of 7 core competencies:
- People & Programmes
- Actuarial & Pension Services
The breadth and depth of the expertise we bring to each engagement, and the collaborative way we work with clients and with each other help us stand out from our competitors. Our consultants have valuable expertise in market analysis, organisational design, operational performance improvement, performance measurement, risk management, and project and change management.
You will play a vital role in conceiving strategies for our clients, planning the implementation of the strategy, and then, bottom line, delivering it. If you can apply yourself with creativity and intellectual rigour, have exceptional hands-on problem solving skills and can adapt rapidly to changing circumstances, you will find there are countless opportunities to progress.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit, Tax, Consulting and Corporate Finance. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.