Manager Retail Banking Operations Excellence
The OE Retail Banking Practice covers retail, commercial and transaction banking across channel, middle or back office operations and the associated processes including account servicing, payments, card operations, credit operations and collections and recoveries.
The impact of increased regulation and the seismic changes forced upon the FSI industry as a result of market conditions has forced large scale change to the industry’s operating models and service definitions. Operations Excellence with its deep industry expertise carries out target operating model definition and implementation, M&A integration, cost reduction, risk & regulatory driven change programmes and supports core technology transformation.
Benefiting from working with and learning from some of the top experts in our field, you'll develop quickly, add real value and build credibility in the industry. If you join us, it means multiplying your options and extending your expertise.
As a Manager in the team you will develop your leadership capabilities by effectively managing teams for the delivery of client work whilst also playing an active role in the career development of more junior team members.
To be successful in this role you will work on complex and challenging projects, focussing on designing retail and commercial banking functional operating models, process reengineering, operations improvement, M&A support and broader revenue enhancement and cost reduction initiatives.
You will have responsibility for:
- Delivering complex transformation programmes
- Understanding and anticipating client needs based on a strong understanding of retail banking companies and their associated processes
- Guiding teams in selecting and applying the most appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to deliver client work
- Managing teams and co-ordinating effective preparation of new retail banking operations processes and/or business requirements
- Understanding and anticipating client requirements and develop relationships with key decision makers
- Developing work plans for engagements and producing exceptional deliverables for clients
- Leading business development work, including the preparation of bids and proposals
- Participating fully within the team and take a lead role in the growth of the retail banking practice
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them and a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant experience within a major retail bank, building society or consulting firm directly involved in delivering change across the value chain
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the UK retail banking industry and market; of specific interest is experience of distribution channels, middle, or back office operations
- Excellent project and programme management disciplines including production of detailed project plans, key quality programme deliverables and working and delivering to strict time constraints
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to articulate complex ideas to all levels of an organisation, and effectively lead and manage all key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of business issues and the latest market developments
- Excellent people management and development skills with a strong focus on team development
- Enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of market leading solutions that make a difference
- All applicants are required to understand risk, how to mitigate risk and protect the firm's reputation
- Knowledge of methodologies including Lean, Six Sigma, ECR, BPR techniques and implementation methodologies would be beneficial
- Full travel mobility
About the Consulting Service Line
Our Consulting practice advises on a broad range of issues, from strategy through to implementation. Deep industry expertise in a number of key market segments in both the private and public sectors ensures that the advice we provide to clients is tailored to that particular sector’s needs. From defining the initial strategy to planning its development and implementing its outcome, Deloitte’s Consulting practice delivers end-to-end solutions to help our clients maximise their commercial potential.
Consulting is comprised of 7 core competencies:
- People & Programmes
- Actuarial & Pension Service
The breadth and depth of the expertise we bring to each engagement, and the collaborative way we work with clients and with each other help us stand out from our competitors. Our consultants have valuable expertise in market analysis, organisational design, operational performance improvement, performance measurement, risk management, and project and change management.
You will play a vital role in conceiving strategies for our clients, planning the implementation of the strategy, and then, bottom line, delivering it. If you can apply yourself with creativity and intellectual rigour, have exceptional hands-on problem solving skills and can adapt rapidly to changing circumstances, you will find there are countless opportunities to progress.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit, Tax, Consulting and Corporate Finance. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.