Manager Supply Chain
About the Operations practice
‘Bringing to life’ or implementing strategies in a constantly changing and complex environment is one of the biggest challenges facing organisations today.Deloitte’s Operations practice helps our clients translate strategy into operational reality within their business and are at the heart of solving some of their most difficult and fundamental issues. Combined with our ability to integrate across consulting and the broader firm, Operations rightly deserves its market leading reputation.
Whether we are helping clients to improve operational efficiency; transforming supply chains; optimising how clients use core business systems or supporting organisations deliver major change programmes - Operations has a fundamental role to play.
We have a diverse practice of over 550 practitioners from across the UK, with people working on challenging projects from a wide portfolio of our most prestigious clients. Practitioners range from new analysts through to our experienced senior staff with deep technical and industry expertise, meaning we are able to deploy the right mix of people at the right time to meet and exceed our client expectations. Working in the public and private sectors, we help our clients develop the business model and capabilities necessary to realise their strategy on a day-to-day basis.
In Operations we take an active interest in developing our practitioners throughout the firm. We strive to provide better development opportunities for all of our staff and give our best performers the opportunity to accelerate their career through recognised fast track development programmes. For example, to recognise our people who demonstrate outstanding performance in a specialist technical or delivery area, we have launched the Specialist career path for manager grade and above. These practitioners are recognised as having outstanding and focused skills in a high demand area of the market. The Specialist career path supports them in advancing their skills in these areas.
Why join our team?"
The breadth and depth of the expertise we bring to each engagement, and the collaborative way we work with clients and with each other help us stand out from our competitors. Our consultants have valuable expertise in market analysis, organisational design, operational performance improvement, performance measurement, risk management, and project and change management.
If you’re keen to work with a diverse range of clients in the UK and overseas to deliver the kind of positive change that adds real value to their business, Operations Consulting is for you. You’ll play a vital role in conceiving strategies for our clients, planning the implementation of the strategy, and then, bottom line, delivering it. If you can apply yourself with creativity and intellectual rigour, have exceptional hands-on problem solving skills and can adapt rapidly to changing circumstances, you’ll find there are countless opportunities to progress.
Typical skills and experience required:
- Strong academic background, including a minimum of 2.1 degree or equivalent
- An understanding of common best practice methodologies would be beneficial
- Analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and travel mobility
- Ability to manage key stakeholders
- Experience in a relevant industry sector and detailed understanding of the wider market
- Internal or external consultancy experience
About Supply Chain
Supply Chain is an exciting and thriving area of Deloitte's Operations consulting practice. Our practitioners work around the UK on challenging engagements with leading businesses and organisations across strategy, advisory and implementation projects delivering pragmatic solutions to clients. There are also opportunities for international travel to deliver projects with our large global clients.
Example projects include:
- Conducting a procurement diagnostic to identify opportunities to improve sourcing effectiveness and efficiency
- Reviewing a client’s logistics and distribution operation and recommending both tactical and strategic initiatives to improve performance
- Working with a client to improve their planning, forecasting and ordering processes to improve customer satisfaction, optimise inventory and reduce working capital
- Our Supply Chain practice has a number of vacancies for talented individuals from Consultant through to Manager grades. We look for people with great communication skills, a deep understanding of supply chain and its impact on overall business performance, proven ability to work well in a team and above all a desire to deliver quality to our clients.
- We work across all the major industry sectors and are keen to recruit people from a wide circle of experiences including Retail & Consumer business, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Technology, Media & Telecoms, Oil and Gas and broader Private Sector businesses. We also work across the Public Sector including Health, Central Government, Local and Regional Government and Defence.
- Skills that we are looking for in the Supply Chain practice include:
- Ability to engage with a wide cross-section of stakeholders ‑ from C-level directors to fork-lift truck operators
- Relevant supply chain project experience in helping identify root cause issues and then implementing pragmatic solutions to address them
- Business modelling skills with experience in industry leading tools e.g. CAST, Qlikview, Ariba, Llammasoft
- Ability to effectively manage high-performing teams (including client resources) to deliver high-quality outputs
- A clear focus on delivering real value for our clients
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit, Tax, Consulting and Corporate Finance. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking; diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.