Do you have strong analytical and communication skills? Are you good with numbers and keen to work in a fast-paced team environment? Are you looking to get a taste of working for a multinational consulting firm?
Then an intern position with our Financial Strategy Group could be just the role for you.
Interns join us for eight weeks running from the beginning of July to the end of August. You will join and be part of a team and you will be assigned a buddy to help you with day-to-day work queries.
Joining Mercer’s group of pension and investment risk experts, the Financial Strategy Group, you will work as part of a team to support consulting and the delivery of advice to our pension trustee and corporate clients on everything to do with pension and investment strategy and risk management. As an intern, all work you carry out will be done under supervision, but you will quickly develop your knowledge and skills and more direct responsibility can be expected as you progress.
Key duties will include:
- Assisting more senior analysts in carrying out numerical and qualitative analysis for specific client situations
- Working with spreadsheets and modelling tools and assisting senior analysts and consultants to adapt technical modelling tools for specific client situations
- Helping to deal with technical queries on the analysis and modelling methods used
- Drafting documents and presentations for use in client situations
Key skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of 300 UCAS points, with a minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained in a numerate or semi-numerate degree discipline (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
- A at A-level Mathematics and a sound mathematical background is essential
- An interest in financial markets, pensions and investment
- Self-motivated, eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the respective industry trends and market conditions
- Ability to work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Relationship building skills and understanding of customer service principles
- Work well under pressure and strong time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.
Company: Company: Mercer
Internship type: Summer Internship