Do you aspire to join a world leader and build a strong and successful consulting career? Have you got what it takes to deliver solutions that make a difference in the health, wealth and careers of 110 million people every day? Are you ready to be challenged?
Mercer is the place for you. As one of the world’s largest providers of talent, health, retirement and investment services, from day one your role will contribute to the success of our clients as we provide them with expert advice on everything from pension schemes and investments to salaries, rewards and benefits.
Joining Mercer’s group of pension and investment risk experts, the Financial Strategy Group, you will work as part of a team to support consulting and the delivery of advice to our pension trustee and corporate clients on everything to do with pension and investment strategy and risk management.
Our pension and investment risk experts work on a wide range of strategy projects to develop solutions for our clients, ranging from innovative liability hedging, longevity and risk transfer, through to balance sheet financing arrangements and insurance solutions. Mercer will provide on the job training and you’ll have the opportunity to learn from others and develop consulting expertise across the broad spectrum of risk management solutions, as you build a platform for career growth.
All our graduates study towards the Actuarial or CFA and IMC professional qualifications. Mercer provides a comprehensive resource and study package to support you in gaining your professional qualifications.
Key role activities:
- Assists to produce numerical and qualitative analysis around client pension and investment risk profiles and the impact on key financial metrics.
- Assists to analyse alternative risk profiles to develop new pension and investment strategies to meet client objectives.
- Works with and develops a good knowledge and understanding of the various risk modelling tools and deals with the queries on the tools and methods used in client situations.
- Drafts client documents and presentations that communicate the analysis, key issues, conclusions and recommendations for specific client situations.
- Deals with queries received from clients, third parties and other lines of business.
- Checks accuracy and reasonableness of own work and ensures that high professional standards are maintained at all times.
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum of 300 UCAS points, minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained in a numerical or semi- numerical degree (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
- Minimum A in Mathematics at A levels
- An interest in financial markets, pensions and investments and eagerness to keep up to date with industry trends and market conditions
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to complete the relevant professional qualifications
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks, work well as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well under pressure and strong time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery standards and deadlines are met
In return, joining Mercer you will access to a number of benefits;
- Exceptional training and development opportunities
- Global and diverse work environment and culture
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive study resources and support
- Exposure to a wide range of clients ensuring a varied work load
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension scheme, 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, income protection with the ability to further tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs, including discounted gym membership, travel insurance, childcare, retail vouchers and much more.
To learn more about Mercer and our opportunities please visit our website www.careers.uk.mercer.com/graduates
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.
Company: Company: Mercer
Education: Undergraduate degree