Do you aspire to join a world leader and build a strong and successful consulting career? Have you got what it takes to deliver solutions that have a real impact on the future of major organisations and individuals every day? Are you ready to be challenged?
Mercer is the place for you. As one of the world’s largest providers of talent, health, retirement and investment services, from day one your role will contribute to the success of our clients as we provide them with expert advice on everything from pension schemes and investments to salaries, rewards and benefits.
Joining as a graduate within the Investments Consulting team in our Edinburgh office, you will also become part of our 16 month Graduate Development Programme commencing in September 2016. In this role, you will help advise a variety of institutional clients, mainly pension schemes, on how to invest large sums of money across a range of traditional and alternative asset classes. This will involve working alongside more experienced analysts and consultants to support retirement plans with everything from investment strategy and the manager structure through to ongoing portfolio management and monitoring.
Key duties will include:
- Assisting with the determination of appropriate investment strategies and manager structures for clients, drafting reports, presentations and letters as appropriate
- Assisting with manager selection exercises and the subsequent implementation of any changes to the investment manager arrangements
- Assisting in the production and checking of monitoring reports
- Dealing with routine queries received from clients, investment managers, third parties, etc.
- Liaising with investment managers to obtain data, and subsequently analysing data received
- Assisting on research projects
- Using in house tools and databases for analysis
- Liaising/working with other specialist teams within Investments and across other Mercer Business Segments
- Assisting more experienced analysts and consultants in preparation for client meetings and supporting management of actions
- Minimum of 300 UCAS points, minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained ideally in a numerical or semi- numerical degree (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
- An interest in financial markets and pensions is essential
- Willingness to complete relevant professional qualifications
- Self-motivated, eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the respective industry trends and market conditions
- Ability to work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Relationship building skills and understanding of customer service principles
- Work well under pressure and strong time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a good work-life balance
To learn more about Mercer and our opportunities please visit our website http://www.mercer.com/ukgrads
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.
Company: Company: Mercer
Education: Undergraduate degree